Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Just made lvl 60 beating the last boss in act 3 on hell.

Looked at the AH... everything is in the millions!! I only have 74k... how am I supposed to afford anything in the AH now?!
lol you can get main stat/vit/res all gear super cheap now, I regularly list gear like that with poor side stats for 10k-40k per piece. Yeah if you want crit %, crit dmg %, very very high main stats, magic find, etc you will pay a lot. But you don't NEED that gear fir Inferno. That's the gear you are clearing inferno to get :)

To find affordable gear on the AH, filter by your main stat, and resist all. Then enter the max buyout price for like 50k or whatever you can afford or are comfortable with. Search -> buy :) enjoy.

Pretty much this, but I would also say post-IAS nerf, Inferno is so much easier than before. The market is flooded with low-end gear, everything that was 200K during launch is now 20K haha. Melee characters can sleep walk through Act1 with self-found gear frankly. Maybe even do early parts of Act3. Anyway my main thing is with how easy Act1 is, you really should be running that until you are ready for Act3. I found both my ammy/ring after the hotfixes - seriously rares are dropping like candy now with 5NV stacks - don't spend extra on MF imo.

This game is getting to be more and more like D2C with these successive patches. The only difference is that instead of the bow bug being fixed (1.04) it was "unfixed" in Diablo 3 hahaha.

It's easy, this is what you do...

Just farm ques....oh wait they nerfed the amount of gold from quest rewards
You can always just break vas....oh wait they destroyed the gold you get from vases because bots caused them to nerf it so they did rather than going after bots, they also said breaking vases wasn't fun so
Well you can always farm act 1 infer....hmm well, you can try farming hell in hopes of getting an upgrade in a few days/weeks
Another option is to sell high level ite...well yeah

Lets be serious here, in Blizzards words: REAL MONEY AUCTION HOUSE BABY

Nothing wrong with farming act 1, its the best place in the game to farm.

Is anyone getting mortared at point blank range? I thought that mortar dudes have a large deadzone and range. I felt pretty comfortable face tanking the last unit of a pack with my Wizard until he shot mortars right on top of us.

And some packs give 2 stacks of NV, which is pretty weird but I aint complaining. :D

I've noticed that rares are dropping much more often now - even in nightmare. yay!

Do you need the gear that is worth millions? And what gear are you looking at exactly? There is plenty of gear in the sub 1m range. If you can do Act 3-4 Hell you should be relatively fine in Act 1 Inferno. If you can farm Act 1 Inferno, you should be able to make at least 1m a day with ~5 runs.

I wish this kind of shit posting were bannable.

So do I fanboy, get on it for me will you? k thanks

@piXel, I know but he just got to level 60 with 74K gold, I mean Act 1 (it's where I farm) is pretty easy so maybe he can farm it with the gear that he has from hell, if he can't then what is he suppose to do? the only option is to farm hell since he can't turn to the gold auction house

Is anyone getting mortared at point blank range? I thought that mortar dudes have a large deadzone and range. I felt pretty comfortable face tanking the last unit of a pack with my Wizard until he shot mortars right on top of us.

And some packs give 2 stacks of NV, which is pretty weird but I aint complaining. :D

if a pack has the Health Link affix, you can get more than 1 NV stack if you kill more than 1 simultaneously

Do you need the gear that is worth millions? And what gear are you looking at exactly? There is plenty of gear in the sub 1m range. If you can do Act 3-4 Hell you should be relatively fine in Act 1 Inferno. If you can farm Act 1 Inferno, you should be able to make at least 1m a day with ~5 runs.

1 mill a day in 5 runs?? wtf!! whats the secret?

I'm actually finding jailer to be more annoying now than anything (even invul minions!).

When I'm fighting blue packs I seem to be getting chain jailed. Its trivial for some packs because I can eat a lot of damage, but when you have 4 blues spamming jail and frozen, you're put out of commission for a lot of the battle.

i keep thinking the game hates me... with all these bad rolls after hours on end of farming.

then this happens

enLEu.png

i know mortar doesnt pass waller walls , thats pretty annoying. but if it wasnt also waller, that's quite buggy about the "short" mortar deadzone. they even recently(somewhat) doubled the deadzone for mortars but increased the max range

5 hour runs?? i don't play that much a day =/
You dont need the top of the line gear for Act 1. Put a max buy out price of what you can afford and start there. Act 4 Hell drops Ilvl61-62 I think. Farm that. Also how can you only have 74k. What did you waste it on.
i didn't waste. i started to get pwned pretty good in mid act 3, so i bought a new shield and weapon. helped a lot

lol you can get main stat/vit/res all gear super cheap now, I regularly list gear like that with poor side stats for 10k-40k per piece. Yeah if you want crit %, crit dmg %, very very high main stats, magic find, etc you will pay a lot. But you don't NEED that gear fir Inferno. That's the gear you are clearing inferno to get :)

sweet, thanks man!

not dying

I die a crapload. There's just so much a wizard can do versus certain combinations.

I probably average 15 deaths in Act 3 beginning up to Siegebreaker. When accounting for potions used, fixing armor, and selling armor / salvaged items, my gold is typically slightly less than what a I started with. This is with approximately 55 GF with no NV.

However, the items I find more than make up for the fact that my gold supplies don't normally increase with normal gameplay outside of the AH. I typically do two full run-throughs of Act 3 up to Siegebreaker per day and end up with a 2 million gold surplus after all is said and done.

The game is coded to give the NV buff when you kill either the leader of the pack for elites or when the last mob of the pack dies for champions. If you manage to kill a few mobs at the same time or close enough to the same time, you can get multiple NV buffs. It's very hard to pull off, but some people have gotten 4 NV buffs before. Of course, some packs are easier for this than others, while others can be next to impossible. Why would people do this? Besides the obvious answer, it's to get more yellows. If you do this while having 5 stacks already, you get two rares per mob you kill at the same time. Let's say you have 4 mobs in the pack. You manage to pull off killing all 4 at roughly the same time, while already having 5 stacks of NV. You get 8 rares at least.

I'm not that good. It's also very time consuming to pull off.

You just need 1 good rare. Even if you have the shittiest luck you should get be getting one every couple of Act 1 clears.

Not 5 hour runs, I meant ~5 butcher runs which take about 20-30 minutes each.

so the beginning of act 1 to the end?

I just run festering woods, then jump to halls of agony and finish out the act. Usually good for 6-8 elite/champ packs and two bosses (Warden and the Butcher).

The game is coded to give the NV buff when you kill either the leader of the pack for elites or when the last mob of the pack dies for champions. If you manage to kill a few mobs at the same time or close enough to the same time, you can get multiple NV buffs. It's very hard to pull off, but some people have gotten 4 NV buffs before. Of course, some packs are easier for this than others, while others can be next to impossible. Why would people do this? Besides the obvious answer, it's to get more yellows. If you do this while having 5 stacks already, you get two rares per mob you kill at the same time. Let's say you have 4 mobs in the pack. You manage to pull off killing all 4 at roughly the same time, while already having 5 stacks of NV. You get 8 rares at least.

I'm not that good. It's also very time consuming to pull off.

Very interesting, I never heard about that till now. So it's basically a clever use of game mechanics to kill multiple units in a pack simultaneously to get more than 1 NV stack per group. I guess it's easiest to pull off against health linked champions since their health pool is shared.

Very interesting, I never heard about that till now. So it's basically a clever use of game mechanics to kill multiple units in a pack simultaneously to get more than 1 NV stack per group. I guess it's easiest to pull off against health linked champions since their health pool is shared.

I've always wondered why I sometimes get 2 NV stacks for a pack. I always thought it was because I was able to separate the pack through a death and the game counted the kills as two separate packs.

I've gotten 4 yellows for a pack three separate times. Most is 5 yellows, which happened on Siegebreaker before 1.03.

i keep thinking the game hates me... with all these bad rolls after hours on end of farming.

then this happens

enLEu.png

ok W.T.F

who buys this stuff???

szWhr.jpg

it was on the AH for less than 2 hours.. that's effin' ridiculous

ok W.T.F

who buys this stuff???

szWhr.jpg

your stats basically gave all the stats a Wizard would want

int, all resist, life %, socket for more life %, crit chance, and AP per crit

you might have been able to sell the helm for more than $250 worth of gold

Sick roll on that helm, oh my. Tbh even if i got a drop like that for my wizard id still sell it

your stats basically gave all the stats a Wizard would want

int, all resist, life %, socket for more life %, crit chance, and AP per crit

you might have been able to sell the helm for more than $250 worth of gold

I think his point was less about the stats on the item and more a commentary on the mindset of a person who spends quadruple the base cost of the game on an item within the game.

ok W.T.F

who buys this stuff???

szWhr.jpg

Nice sale. And you might have been able to get more than $250 worth of gold on the AH... there's nothing there that is better than this.

Best wiz hat with 4.5 % crit chance & 10 AP on crit is for 30 million:

116 INT
4.5% crit chance
10 AP on crit
no socket
no resistance
no life%

Usually what people do is what IcedEmotion posted above. Get 5 stacks of NV then Halls of Agony 2.

I wished more people would do this. It seems most people don't know how to properly farm. Almost every pub game I joined over the weekend everyone just goes straight to Halls of Agony. Sometimes, I speak up and say, lets run festering woods or the cemetary, even grab the guaranteed pack right outside Leorics manor and everyone is like, "WTF for, you'll get 5 stack by the time we hit the butcher." Why does everyone seem to think this?

The butcher doesn't drop any better loot than what other elite/champ packs will drop. I just had to reiterate your post in hopes that more people will pick up on this. Some guy yesterday even thought that the loot in festering woods was oing to be lower level stuff compared to Halls of Agony because it was easier or something like that! LOL

been farming a1 inferno on HC like crazy this weekend... thinking about starting a2 soon.

Pray for me

Do you think he's kidding? It's pretty easy to figure out how to do that, google is your friend.

I'm well aware of the countless of sites that buy and sell accounts and gold. I was thinking it was more legitimate, not some IGE stuff or similar.

Back