Diablo III: Confirmation of Offline Play, No RMA, Local co-op

Console version is the superior version.:rolleyes:

I disagree. This isn't the first time a Diablo game has been on a console. Diablo 1 was on the Playstation and I owned it. I probably played them equally as much.

Diablo 1 on PS1 also had local co-op, I played it more than the PC version for that reason.

And in my opinion, it had a superior UI.

edit: Also remember that the only reason Diablo 2 wasn't on consoles at the time was because Blizzard didn't think the online connectivity of the PS2/GCN/Xbox were good enough to support B.Net.

Well the console players will certainly have a better launch experience than us on PC :p

Diablo 1 on PS1 also had local co-op, I played it more than the PC version for that reason.

And in my opinion, it had a superior UI.

Well you're in luck. Blizzard revamped the UI for the better as well. I didn't mention it because maybe they'll patch that in.

But I extremely doubt we'll get local co-op even though there is a rise in HTPC setups that can game. As for RMA and the online connection, obviously that will never be removed.

Do people really think this is going to sell well on consoles? The COD boxes? I sure don't.

Well you're in luck. Blizzard revamped the UI for the better as well. I didn't mention it because maybe they'll patch that in.

But I extremely doubt we'll get local co-op even though there is a rise in HTPC setups that can game. As for RMA and the online connection, obviously that will never be removed.

It's just a slight modification, the D3 UI is good enough on PC.

The reason console D1 had a better UI was because of how unobtrusive it was compared to the PC version:

PSX:

PC:

Being offline and no money house is the reason people think it's superior ...

Being offline and no money house is the reason people think it's superior ...

That's a good enough reason right there. I was watching a live stream preview of it and it looked about as good as the PC version, but it was more than just that:

The game helped you choose the proper stats for the type of character you're playing to see if an item was an upgrade. No more reading and researching to cater to the console crowd.

It ran smooth as hell without the lag of online DRM. Never seen D3 run that fluidly as my ping hovers around 150. 30 fps @0ms > 120 fps @150ms hands down.

The controller option cemented it as you could just sit back on your couch and do everything the PC version does in about 3 clicks.

Blizzard should consider bringing World of Warcraft over to the console crowd also. There's no reason the PS3 controller couldn't handle that also. All they would have to do is add the streamlined item comparison interface as demo'd in D3, and they could have the new console generation playing all of their games. StarCraft II is an even easier port as they can put everyone on equal footing as far as micromanagement goes. Maybe Activision is showing them the error of their ways.

Offline mode rocks!

Back