Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

My biggest gripe so far I think is that resource management is fucking horrid on half the classes initially.

It's starting to get a little better on my sorceress but holy fuck you're out of mana CONSTANTLY. Like literally 2 or 3 right clicks. You're just stuck with this bullshit until you find certain aspects.

You basically only use abilities on giant packs or elites because they take a while to come back online, and you're out of mana from full in literally seconds and you get to stand there and bonk shit with Arc Lash
To be fair... My derpy Barb kills everything with one hammer smash or smash + deathblow. So for once in my entire D4 experience I feel like I can say there's ONE thing I do better than AHHHH ASPLODE EVERYTHING! sorcerers.

My biggest gripe so far I think is that resource management is fucking horrid on half the classes initially.

It's starting to get a little better on my sorceress but holy fuck you're out of mana CONSTANTLY. Like literally 2 or 3 right clicks. You're just stuck with this bullshit until you find certain aspects.

You basically only use abilities on giant packs or elites because they take a while to come back online, and you're out of mana from full in literally seconds and you get to stand there and bonk shit with Arc Lash
I agree. not sure how I feel on the mana management being removed. but I am still having fun.

So cleared the campaign last night @ 52... I had a great time with it. If anything, this Diablo campaign felt TOO big. There's a ton to discover along the way and clearly a ton to discover after clearing it still, too.

Looking at some of the criticisms, I'm kinda scratching my head here. I'm old school Diablo, played D1 on PC and Playstation 1 when it released and all of them (besides immortal) thereafter. I really don't get the folks that are complaining right now.

Ya'll wanted bleak Diablo back, you got it, even to the tune of injecting it into the story - bitch about the story. Progression/approachability needed improvement. Once I understood what was going on with progression, I started to experiment and had a ton of fun. If anything during the first run-through it was too simple. Folks playing with me that weren't gamers enjoyed it when they played.

I mean holy shitballs - this is the best first-round iteration of a Diablo game I've ever played aside from D1 and that was because back then I had no clue what to expect.
The game has flaws, some serious ones to be sure, but no amount of everything else being good matters. People can't let themselves enjoy anything and then feed of the buffet of negativity, watching a "competitive" .1% mathematician streamer do the same exact thing for 60 hours then call it boring.

The game has flaws, some serious ones to be sure, but no amount of everything else being good matters. People can't let themselves enjoy anything and then feed of the buffet of negativity, watching a "competitive" .1% mathematician streamer do the same exact thing for 60 hours then call it boring.
Yeah, I don't think the cool kids of these days could survive the old school dos-prompt life when we had to walk uphill, barefoot, across the hells, to fight pixellated, blurry dudes, all ways... like crotchety old bastards like me.

Agree again... .1% BIIIIIIG NUMMMMBARS for subs and digital panhandling... Back in my day we posted our videos with no $$$ involved just to challenge all other guilds in EQ and Warcrack to see if their brass balls were as big as ours.

Because reasons.

This one isn’t really clicking for me yet. Maybe it’s because I played Act I in the beta, but I feel like I am forcing myself to play it hoping it gets better. I think I enjoyed the D2R launch more than this but it did have a heavy dose of nostalgia attached to it where D4 doesn’t.

I finally finished Act I last night so hopefully things get more interesting now that I am new to me content.

Oh the generations that swore they'd never turn into their parents. "Who the hell is Madonna? Paula Abdul? I can't believe Pepsi and Coke are going for these no names"
Even if you don't listen to pop music, Halsey has sold a shitload of records and isn't exactly some kind of recluse. BTS is one of the biggest artist in the world and their music has been in all sorts of shit. Was Blizzard supposed to get Poison or AC/DC or Pearl Jam or would Cattle Decapitation and the Insane Clown Posse be more appropriate?
Just wanted to point out, since I was the first to say something, that most of the music I listen to has been released in the past 5-7 years. I occasionally have the nostalgia taste and listen to AiC, GnR, etc., but it's not primary listening anymore.

Still having Fun. up to 29 on my Sorc. Caved and looked some builds and realized my skills were all wrong. Doing much better. Their have been some hairy situations for sure. The Dungeon bosses have been fun. I think my favorite part of the games is the Graphics and the sound/Music. Game looks phenomenal and plays smooth as silk. Kudo's to blizzard on this engine. I just love exploring and seeing the scale. Elevation changes, area designs and I have not even finished act 1 main quest yet. Quite enjoying the more open ended quest and story structure.

Indeed. Love the music and graphics. I've been exploring and running around as well. All I can tell its very enjoyable and takes time for sure.. The only thing is buzzing my head is the variety of items and customization. Whatever I think its best- you could always manage better.

I ran into the butcher in a cave at level 12 I think and he ran through me with no lube. I blinked and I was dead. I was playing solo. I'm currently level 46 and still in act 3. There's so much to do for just a casual gamer and the main story is excellent IMO. The in game and pre-rendered cutscenes are top tier. Based on what I've seen so far Diablo 4 is worth the asking price since you're easily getting about 50-60 hours of gameplay just doing the main and side quests. Add hundreds of hours to that if you go hard on end game.

i briefly tried D4 during the open beta weekend or w/e they called it, there was a LOT of stuttering (not sure if it was shader comp or what.) is that still the case in the current build of the game?
I'm not seeing much stuttering, even in the huge world event battles. They seem fluid. I do encounter occasional lag ... because the damn game is essentially single player with MMO elements built in. I've been insta killed a couple times over the past couple days beating on the game but it seems like that has been largely ironed out. I managed to reach Level 52 without much trouble. Was having some issues after X level beacuse the monsters were scaling faster than I was at each level. Had to start tossing all the good item bonuses I was getting in favor of enhanced armor and defensive benefits. But, overall, it's been good. Still can't make heads or tails of being "blooded" in the PvP area. i got mobbed by a party once but I have at least one kill there as well. You only loose the hatred coins or whatever they are called when you get ghosted and they some stupid cleansing thing you have to do or you loose all the ones you earned. I probably skipped the initial dialogue so I have no idea what I'm doing there. That seemed pretty fluid to me as well (PvP).

Reminder for anybody joining in with the "late access" tonight that we have an [H] clan called Hardforum is Hell. Press 'N' to get to the clan tab in game and type it in to find it. Or you can find it in the map/quest screen if you're on console ("share" button on both the Dualsense and Xbox controllers).

Reminder for anybody joining in with the "late access" tonight that we have an [H] clan called Hardforum is Hell. Press 'N' to get to the clan tab in game and type it in to find it. Or you can find it in the map/quest screen if you're on console ("share" button on both the Dualsense and Xbox controllers).
Do we get a free bucket of KFC if we join up?

Cool thanks, once the game goes live for me tonight, I'll join the Hard clan, probably thinking of creating a Rogue, to test out a fast warp speed attacker, but hopefully no too squishy

I had no idea, I am gonna have to disband mine. Glad you posted this

Is there a penalty for high lvl characters party with low level? Anyone know?

Just did the World Boss "Death".....that was a fight, I think there were about 8-10 of us pulling him down. Pretty fun battle....a lot of insta death bits from him though.

And I'm starting to wonder about the longevity of the Rogue......not feeling its going to do well in WT3 and above.

Just did the World Boss "Death".....that was a fight, I think there were about 8-10 of us pulling him down. Pretty fun battle....a lot of insta death bits from him though.

And I'm starting to wonder about the longevity of the Rogue......not feeling its going to do well in WT3 and above.
It's the best class in the game overall.

Yup, we just wombo-comboed him, too. They really need to consider level locking these though.

Not only do we have to carry idiot boobjobs, but I wonder if useless lower levels have a negative effect on the loot level.

Do kills today count for last week's weekly cache or this week's?

You think so? With the spinning blades? That one already got a minor nerf....and I'd expect a much bigger one in the not so distant future. Right now I'm playing a Witch Hunter build with Rapid Fire.

What Class is that? More info please.

Yup, we just wombo-comboed him, too. They really need to consider level locking these though.

Not only do we have to carry idiot boobjobs, but I wonder if useless lower levels have a negative effect on the loot level.

Do kills today count for last week's weekly cache or this week's?
I don't think the low level people have any effect on the treasure output. I have been, generally, underwhelmed by the loot overall. Not a single unique has dropped in 5-6 world boss fights. meh... First two fights I got a paragon point though, wonder if that's a daily or weekly thing. I will figure it out tonight.

i briefly tried D4 during the open beta weekend or w/e they called it, there was a LOT of stuttering (not sure if it was shader comp or what.) is that still the case in the current build of the game?

That's basically gone

Rarely it'll hitch or rubber band, but it's smooth 99% of the time now
It's a huge difference from that beta

This one isn’t really clicking for me yet. Maybe it’s because I played Act I in the beta, but I feel like I am forcing myself to play it hoping it gets better. I think I enjoyed the D2R launch more than this but it did have a heavy dose of nostalgia attached to it where D4 doesn’t.

I finally finished Act I last night so hopefully things get more interesting now that I am new to me content.
I felt a very similar way playing though act 1 again for the third time (previous two betas), but once you get past it... the game gets good, real good. And out of nowhere, I'd say late act 3 to act V, stuff starts to get intense.

:/

Man I wish they'd just...balance stuff instead of nerfing.
I was a big fan of the Sorcerer in the beta, then they nerfed it... Was also a fan of the Necromancer and they nerfed it.

My biggest gripe is that I don't feel very powerful at Level 52 as a Sorcerer. There are bosses at the end of the levels that I just end up swearing at, repeatedly... As they mop the floor with me. If there is room to move, I'm usually fine. If the room is claustrophobic... I have a helluva time staying alive. I have a shitload of Armor and resistances. We shall see. I only played it because my cousin was a Necro and I didn't want to double up. Overall, I have an oddball build. Arc Lash for my basic attack allows me to hit multiple enemies in close range. I can summon 2 stacks of Hydras, with 5 heads and I do. I spam Ice Storm at like level 8 and summon it every 15 seconds on myself and my ultimate power is what I call ice penis... freeze yourself and murder everyone else around you every 50 seconds or so.

I tried all Ice and I couldn't get it to layer the damage like this. Besides, having Electricity, Fire and Ice is beneficial vs resistances anyway.

I felt a very similar way playing though act 1 again for the third time (previous two betas), but once you get past it... the game gets good, real good. And out of nowhere, I'd say late act 3 to act V, stuff starts to get intense.
What was weird was I ended up completing Act 2 before I finished Act 1... probably because I have been running all over the map to get to the world events.

I have seen only 1 legendary drop(was not even better than my Rare+Upgrades so I scrapped it for mats) from a dungeon boss and that it. So far loot has not been a problem. Still trying to wrap my head around the stats etc... to make sure the item is truly better than the current item. I believe in the options you can turn on an advance compare feature for items rather than just relying on Item Power

Back