Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

Sure is there a way to extract the stats/build details?
1688042083301.png

I've been playing again after the last patch and I am seeing much better drops and faster leveling. Don't know if I'll be able to hit 100 before season 1, but will continue to play regularly.

Man the legendary drops really suck, I mean really suck. Weapon upgrade drops are almost non existent. Lets see if the new patch helps.

Man the legendary drops really suck, I mean really suck. Weapon upgrade drops are almost non existent. Lets see if the new patch helps.
Rare + legendary aspect is better than legendaries themselves. With rare it's easier to get the affixes you need than it is with legendaries, and it requires a lot less gold and resources to gamble on rerolling them.

That doesn't bode well.

Guess I'll wait it out and see what happens down the line.
I'm still playing and I have an Ice Sorcerer at level 78. After the Nightmare Dungeon Buffs I was able to start finding pieces of armor and gear here and there. So, something changed for the better. I can Solo Tier 21-24 Nightmare Dungeons in WT4. However, anything past 21 has an increasing chance of kicking my ass. I can (usually) handle a Tier 21, still get ghosted on occasion. 22+ I usually get smoked at least once if I'm not 1000% paying attention.

Rare + legendary aspect is better than legendaries themselves. With rare it's easier to get the affixes you need than it is with legendaries, and it requires a lot less gold and resources to gamble on rerolling them.
Yes! I found this out when I had a Legendary and kitted it out and then randomly saw an item in the shop that was Rare that had better base stats than the Legendary item I just fixed up. Bought it and added the aspect I wanted to it and it's changed the game for me!

I've been playing again after the last patch and I am seeing much better drops and faster leveling. Don't know if I'll be able to hit 100 before season 1, but will continue to play regularly.
I have been pleasantly surprised after the patches. Sorcerer still seems a bit weak but I'm gradually gearing up and starting to chew bubblegum while kicking ass and it's nice.

Yes! I found this out when I had a Legendary and kitted it out and then randomly saw an item in the shop that was Rare that had better base stats than the Legendary item I just fixed up. Bought it and added the aspect I wanted to it and it's changed the game for me!

I will try that out. Thanks guys. Haven't done jack for aspect'ing yet.

I will try that out. Thanks guys. Haven't done jack for aspect'ing yet.
You also have to be more mindful of the Rares you get from random loot drops. I started noticing in WT4 that I was often getting better Rares than Legendaries even prior to the last patch. It's just that the frequency that they dropped was stupid low. Now, I get something decent every time I play a couple hours (or every other time). I had the same damn gear from WT2.... All the way to WT4 and it was pretty hard in initial grinding. The first staff drop I got nearly doubled my DPS

You also have to be more mindful of the Rares you get from random loot drops. I started noticing in WT4 that I was often getting better Rares than Legendaries even prior to the last patch. It's just that the frequency that they dropped was stupid low. Now, I get something decent every time I play a couple hours (or every other time). I had the same damn gear from WT2.... All the way to WT4 and it was pretty hard in initial grinding. The first staff drop I got nearly doubled my DPS

FFS do I feel stupid. I dove right into the game without thinking and thought once you picked up a codex from a dungeon run they were applied to your character automatically. I just aspected the shit out of my gear. Nice thing is once you add an aspect it your rare into a legendary and you get another upgrade slot...ddoooooooohhhh! 😖

So did the capstone dungeon by getting some randoms near the area. Turned to WT3 and game is brutal. I just keep dying and that is it. Any dungeon I go to is instant death.

Yeah I think I am done. This is not fun.
That's literally the game. If you can't figure out how to spec your character right, WT3 will reveal that.

That's literally the game. If you can't figure out how to spec your character right, WT3 will reveal that.
My issue is reliance on legendary aspects, I'm fine in WT 3 now, but I had to grind for aspects I needed to make my build work. And if I put the aspect on a piece of gear at my current level, its stats will be trash in a couple more levels. Whole gear / stats system sucks honestly. I quit too, it's just not good game design. Beyond playing through each character this game isn't built for longevity, feels more like an MMO than an ARPG.

What I'm noticing about D4 is that after about level 70 there's really no point in playing. I'm planning to move away from this game until Season 1 starts then I'll check out a new class.

So did the capstone dungeon by getting some randoms near the area. Turned to WT3 and game is brutal. I just keep dying and that is it. Any dungeon I go to is instant death.

Yeah I think I am done. This is not fun.

I had to gear up a bit in WT2, then I changed my build and had a much, much easier time. You don't have to immediately hate yourself slogging through WT3 killing 3 enemies and hour.

Also just because a build is meta doesn't mean it kicks ass out of the gate. I found the build I switched to was MUCH less gear dependent. It was night and day easier to get traction with. This was a big one.

Immediately went from being constantly resource starved all the fucking time to comfortable. It only took a couple nights to get from getting wasted by a gnat farting near me to just standing and face tanking world bosses. You beefcake up pretty quickly.

In WT3 and went after a boss, mostly 50's in the group, and one level 88 rogue. Boss died in 30 seconds.

Ok thanks guys. I will work on this when I find time. But am parking the game right now.

As for builds, is there like an AI bot that tells you what to build next? Things should be simpler now. Grinding is so 2022.

I'm still playing and I have an Ice Sorcerer at level 78. After the Nightmare Dungeon Buffs I was able to start finding pieces of armor and gear here and there. So, something changed for the better. I can Solo Tier 21-24 Nightmare Dungeons in WT4. However, anything past 21 has an increasing chance of kicking my ass. I can (usually) handle a Tier 21, still get ghosted on occasion. 22+ I usually get smoked at least once if I'm not 1000% paying attention.

Isn't sorc one of the stronger classes?
I'm soloing T38 dungeons on my lvl 73 bow rogue. I can probably go higher to around T40 since on T30 I just ran past mobs to gather as many as possible then just aoe them.
However I'd say that T25 or so are the best for me for pure experience as it's so easy I breeze through it.

Too bad item drops are trash. I'm really not inclined to level further than that. I've tried to level up an alt but I think maining a rogue ruined it for me lol. She runs normally as fast as a horse and all other classes feel sluggish.
Maybe I'll give melee rogue a try.

I'm soloing T38 dungeons on my lvl 73 bow rogue. I can probably go higher to around T40 since on T30 I just ran past mobs to gather as many as possible then just aoe them.
However I'd say that T25 or so are the best for me for pure experience as it's so easy I breeze through it.

Too bad item drops are trash. I'm really not inclined to level further than that. I've tried to level up an alt but I think maining a rogue ruined it for me lol. She runs normally as fast as a horse and all other classes feel sluggish.
Sorcerer is one of the worst classes right now. It's too squishy, even without Glass Cannon, and it is too dependent on crowd control to cause any real damage. You could run without Ice Nova if your build is optimized, but you'll still be causing less damage than you could otherwise do. The other classes can spread vulnerable status without reliance on any particular skill.

Sorcerer is one of the worst classes right now. It's too squishy, even without Glass Cannon, and it is too dependent on crowd control to cause any real damage. You could run without Ice Nova if your build is optimized, but you'll still be causing less damage than you could otherwise do. The other classes can spread vulnerable status without reliance on any particular skill.

This is the truth...⬆️

Yep. This post basically posts a few issues:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4/t/pretty-good-effort-post-on-some-issues-facing-sorc/68778

Basically, the sorcerer has

* the least armor of any class (by a fair margin)
* the least health of any class
* the least damage of any class

They do zero damage unless you get an enemy vulnerable, and only one skill in the entire game gets an enemy vulnerable, so you have to take it. The exploit rune works differently than other classes, in that it only adds a little damage to already vulnerable enemies, whereas other classes, it makes enemies vulnerable.

This means, your basic build has to have Flame Shield, Ice Shield, Frost Nova, and Teleport. Your enchantment slot has to have Fire Bolt. This gives you 2 skills and 1 enchantment slot to work on a build with. And right now, there's only 1 skill which does moderate damage, when enemies are vulnerable of course, that being ice shards. And all of this means you have to play a close range melee build, which, as we all know, mages in every game are known for their close range combat.

As a sorc, you'll spend like 1 minute on an elite, doing a grand total of 10% damage, and a druid, barb, rogue, or necro will come along and kill the thing in 3 shots. They are definitively the worst class in the game, in every aspect, except the kill uber lilith. The only reason for this is if you set your build up for a pure defense/stagger build, and change your skills and gear in mid battle to go pure offense (changing back after the stagger wears off). This works great for YouTube videos to show how "overpowered" it is, but it's a style of play many people, particularly those with gamepads (such as every console user), won't have access too.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4/t/pretty-good-effort-post-on-some-issues-facing-sorc/68778

They do zero damage unless you get an enemy vulnerable, and only one skill in the entire game gets an enemy vulnerable, so you have to take it. The exploit rune works differently than other classes, in that it only adds a little damage to already vulnerable enemies, whereas other classes, it makes enemies vulnerable.

This means, your basic build has to have Flame Shield, Ice Shield, Frost Nova, and Teleport. Your enchantment slot has to have Fire Bolt. This gives you 2 skills and 1 enchantment slot to work on a build with. And right now, there's only 1 skill which does moderate damage, when enemies are vulnerable of course, that being ice shards. And all of this means you have to play a close range melee build, which, as we all know, mages in every game are known for their close range combat.

As a sorc, you'll spend like 1 minute on an elite, doing a grand total of 10% damage, and a druid, barb, rogue, or necro will come along and kill the thing in 3 shots. They are definitively the worst class in the game, in every aspect, except the kill uber lilith. The only reason for this is if you set your build up for a pure defense/stagger build, and change your skills and gear in mid battle to go pure offense (changing back after the stagger wears off). This works great for YouTube videos to show how "overpowered" it is, but it's a style of play many people, particularly those with gamepads (such as every console user), won't have access too.
Not to mention it's not fun to play.

Agreed. My sorc uses ice armor and blizzard plus incinerate/chain lightening for basic skills. Elites I can kill easily but bosses you spam while using Mana sucking skills and running around. My defense is good but some shit takes a long time. Frustrating at times.

Got my necro to lv 54 last night, I don't get tons of time to play so maybe that's why I'm not burning out but I'm still having alot of fun tweaking my build in wt3. Did the entire campaign as a blood nova spec, but now I'm doing a bone daddy spec using bone spear and skeletons and having a blast. I know people claim the skeletons are uselss but they do their job perfectly which is crowd control. So much easier to setup for super high damage when your not being attacked. Also having the aspec that makes your ice mages cast blizzard has been a huge help.

Did a dungeon last night and it was raining legendary on me, until the final boss. I think ingot close to 10 legendary items throughout the dungeon but then got a glyph and a blue scythe from the boss lol.

Also killed the butcher in an earlier run, he was slaughtering me till I found a large pillar and just ran in circles while skeletons picked his health down. It was cowardly and effective 🤣

Which class do you guys think would be most enjoyable with a controller?

- I already rolled a Sorc with KB/M

I've always enjoyed Necro but I reckon crowd-control might be an issue using a controller....

So, Barbarian perhaps??

I've always enjoyed Necro but I reckon crowd-control might be an issue using a controller....

So, Barbarian perhaps??
Been having fun with Barbarian on my Series X.

So, Barbarian perhaps??
I been all Necro on PS5. I don't use any Skellys or golems or mages. It's pretty much bone spear/tendrils/bone storm. Tendrils is excellent crowd control. Level 61 and not having any issues. Fun build.
You need good gear with all the little extras like barrier and so forth.

Ok thanks guys. I will work on this when I find time. But am parking the game right now.

As for builds, is there like an AI bot that tells you what to build next? Things should be simpler now. Grinding is so 2022.
So, the Sorc still sucks. It's been so nerfed that while you can get a 20 Second Lillith Kill you get brutalized by mobs and mobs of Hero Enemies. It has no Armor buffs, just resistances that you can get from paragon that aren't as valuable as Armor. Plus they stripped out the 3rd Enchantment slot. I was soloing WT4 Nightmare Dungeons the day the new patch dropped and then 2 days later I was getting my ass kicked. Nothing had changed about my build. Something in the game changed again for certain.

I'm still hanging in there, still soloing WT4 Nightmare dungeons and still advancing.

There is no way WT3 should have been difficult for you unless you're on the low side of the Level Curve for WT3.

I haven't varied my Sorcerer too much. I did drop the Hydra thing which was like a Force Multiplier... for All Frost save for Arc Lash. I Went with Ice Shards and am a single target murder machine if I can freeze em. Bosses die in less than a minute most of the time, the hero units in the game die in 3 Seconds.

You just find a specialty you like, then you work to get gear that supports your choices and you're done.

What that Means is:
Sell everything you get other than Legendaries in WT3 until you have a couple million bucks (I have almost 30 mil at this point, and you burn through it respeccing and experimenting with gear)
Do your Hell Tide grinding so you can get the components to upgrade higher tier items (I did a shitload of this and then I stopped, I have a ton a materials for upgrades now)
Stick with the same type of build that complements your attack and play style. I haven't played anything but Sorc since Beta, but I know every class has something that builds from Basic to Mastery. Some mixing and matching may be necessary to max out your DPS but don't be afraid of experimenting with your builds. You might have to respec the shit out of your character to get it right. paragon placement is a bitch to dial back but make sure you're going after multiple boards and using glyphs to maximum effect. Then do the Nightmare dungeons and upgrade the glyphs.
Items that buff multiple Attribute are great if you are 20+ I have a couple items that are like +47 to Intelligence and +24 to all attributes.
If you can find one, get your main weapon to give you 50-150 points to your main attribute. If not, make sure it does a shitload of DPS
Cram Gems in everything that reduce the damage you take while you are control inhibited (I forget the term, but it's when you are frozen, stunned, etc).
Drop Glass Cannon (for Sorcerer: Armenius helped me see the need for that one)

That's all I got for now

Edit: Go and find all the Lillith Statues and get all the free points you can. I got em all and they really help. You can get an overlay map and knock it all out in a couple hours at most.
Always Spend all your Obols.
Always keep a Potion active (+5% to XP)
Party up when you can (+5% XP)
Use Incense, free buffs for 20 min

the Sorc is squishy. they can deliver high DPS and that's not the issue, they can't take damage. You get melted by almost everything in the game.

Yeah I’ve been nothing but 100% lightning sorc since the start, and at level 71 even regular dungeons are rough at tw4.

Maybe I need to ditch glass cannon at this point as well.

Been a minion necro build. Got the necro ring and let me tell you. It’s nice 1 shoting elite packs with no problem.

Not sure how well this build is, but I ran a tier 60, and was able to complete it without dying. Took a bit to finish but I did do it.

Almost 91. Just curious how hard is Uber Lilith?

Been a minion necro build. Got the necro ring and let me tell you. It’s nice 1 shoting elite packs with no problem.

Not sure how well this build is, but I ran a tier 60, and was able to complete it without dying. Took a bit to finish but I did do it.

Almost 91. Just curious how hard is Uber Lilith?

I tried killing her on my 74 rogue. Big nope. Anything she did would one shot me and I've stacked hp legendaries and have probably about 1500 extra life from items.
Fortunately it's just her, no trash mobs so you won't waste a lot of time.

Back