Diagonal lines across screen

MikeS

n00b
My Sony G520 all of a sudden has these faint diagonal lines (about 30* angle) going across the screen. (They're about the same brightness as the lines for the aperature grill). Usually these lines only appear when it's changing modes or just turned on, but now they're not going away. What do you think it could be? Could it be the video card? I tried a higher refresh rate and it just makes them closer together.

Thanks

I'm having this exact same problem with my CPD-520P. There are these light diagonal lines going across the screen - they are most visible against black backgrounds. They fluctuate along with display changes.

I have changed the video card, the video cable, no improvement. I attached another monitor and there were no lines.

Anyone have any insight on this? MikeS, did you determine anything about this problem?

Thanks.

Mike, you know what I actually found to just get rid of them? Using the Image Restoration function in the monitor menu. Diagonal lines all gone now! No wacky brightness issues now either. Hope this sticks.

Back