Did anyone else get their settlement from ATi?

RADEoN

Supreme [H]ardness
Holy FUCK. I got a check in mail from Bank of America for 411.75....

Did anyone else get anything like this?

I don't think they can accidentally type in FOUR HUNDRED AND ELEVEN DOLLARS AND SEVENTY FIVE CENTS

This is the first I remember hearing anything about this (missed the original thread, and I bought about 3 ATI cards during the period), so that sucks.. maybe so few people claimed they split the money between everyone that did, resulting in huge payouts for a few people?

Congrats...

This is the first I remember hearing anything about this (missed the original thread, and I bought about 3 ATI cards during the period), so that sucks.. maybe so few people claimed they split the money between everyone that did, resulting in huge payouts for a few people?

Congrats...

They actually mailed me a letter, I just had to go to their website and put information in. I seriously expected peanuts. I kinda feel bad.

They actually mailed me a letter, I just had to go to their website and put information in. I seriously expected peanuts. I kinda feel bad.

Same here, but I don't feel bad whatsoever. The $220.30 was basically the purchase price of the XT800 I bought.

I bought an X800XT Platinum Edition AGP. I think I paid somewhere between 120-180 but I can't find an exact price.

I guess there's also another class-action lawsuit against them right now for the HDCP-Compliant lie on the box of the cards.

The only card I bought in that period was an X1950 Pro AGP.....and what a POS that was......

They should pay me for owning that card..:)

What exactly would happen to this check if I just let it expire? Would the money go to someone else? Is this money already out of ATi's hands?

I feel as if I don't deserve it, and I do not want to cash this check. I feel as if ATI did me no wrong.

It probably goes to the lawyers (seriously). I would assume ATI/Nvidia had to put up a pot of money that if left unclaimed would not go back to the companies. At best it'll go to a charity or something, at worst I think these things normally revert to the law firms.

Cash it. Or sign it over and send it to me. ;)

What exactly would happen to this check if I just let it expire? Would the money go to someone else? Is this money already out of ATi's hands?

I feel as if I don't deserve it, and I do not want to cash this check. I feel as if ATI did me no wrong.

Heck..... sign it over to me and I'll buy you a present.

Cash it and send it to my PO box.

kthnx

It would be funny if a following letter asking that you return the videocard in question came.

114.48!!!!

I'm thinking of getting a Blu-Ray drive, to take advantage of the HDCP capability my 9800GTX+ has. :D

so this is if you bought a card from them directly? Meh wouldnt have done me any good anyway. I think the only card I bought new was a Ti-4200 179.99 as I recall. sigh...

I bought it at newegg if I recall correctly.

Kyle suggested donating to charity and I think that's what I'll do. I talked to someone, and in these cases, the company pays a fine, and the fine is divided among the plaintiffs of the class, after the lawyers take 99 percent off the top.

I don't agree with the verdict of the case, I don't think there shouldve been a lawsuit over this.

The HDCP compliance is another issue, IMO.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Oops, I posted in the old thread. I got almost $1000. :p I think it was so high because i let them go by ATI's records and I had done many BBA rebate deals and ordered from shop.ati.com several times during the class action period.

Charity starts at home. :D

I just realized that this is for price fixing, which they were obviously guilty of. Maybe I will use this money...

Well, I got just over $520. And to think I'd thought it was going to be $2.50 or some such nonsense. Guess I was wrong.......now this'll be a nice start to my new upgrade to an i7 system.

Last ATI card I bought was about 5.5 years ago, but I was wondering if only the people that registered their card got letters. Is that maybe how they did it?

wow. you guys really raked in. I am glad companies are getting what they deserve for such lame practices. I only order from newegg though

Back