Did dell pull a fast one? :/

xamadeix

n00b
I bought 2 Dell 2407 a04 monitors, Dell said my Geforce 6800GS 256mb AGP would not work with 1 of them, Is that a lie? and Of course I went out and bought a new videocard.. Thank god I'm only paying 45 bucks a month for 2 monitors and a Raedon x1950 pro, I mean was dell looking out for me? or Were they just trying to sell me more stuff haha.

Odd... why wouldn't it work? And, with just one of them. What was the reason?

Well its not Dual Link DVI, The man at dell said it must have Dual Link DVI in order for optimal performance.. Also Do you think my 420power supply will work? It's 12v 18a

It's a Visiontek ATI Raedon x1950 pro 256mb

specs..

AMD Athlon 64 Venice 3200+ 2.01 @ 1.325v
MSI K8n Neo2f nforce3 with onboard sound
1 GB DDR Memory
1 Seagate IDE ATA HD
NO PCI cards
1 Fan

I do plan on upgrading my PSU once I get paid. But I think my Thermaltake Purepower 420 Watt will handle it just for browsing

I have the same graphics card... except mine is pci x16, not apg. Anyway, mine can only support the resolution of ONE 24" widescreen... not two.

yeah the dell guy was right and for your setup i would say your PSU will suffice but why would you run 2 24 inchers on your setup? sounds a little cart before the horse to me.

I think at that resolution any video card you use would need either 2x dual link ports or dual-link on one port and single link on the other.

I think at that resolution any video card you use would need either 2x dual link ports or dual-link on one port and single link on the other.

Why? The 24"ers are 1920x1200. I thought dual-link DVI was only for resolutions above 1920x1200?

I'm actully in the process of rebuilding my comp, so its more hi-def compatible, 1 monitor is for my comp the other is for an xbox360.

Yep your right cause I'm doing it right now. I wonder if I could hook my second one up to VGA? (It only has one DVI and one VGA)

Yep your right cause I'm doing it right now. I wonder if I could hook my second one up to VGA? (It only has one DVI and one VGA)

lol.............................................................................................................

You need dual dvis.:rolleyes:

45 a month? Monthly payment? wtf interest?

Unless you are getting no interest for like 12 month or something (and you are planning to pay it off right when it starts to incur interest), those financing deals are rarely worth it.

Unless you are getting no interest for like 12 month or something (and you are planning to pay it off right when it starts to incur interest), those financing deals are rarely worth it.

They're never really no interest. All/most of those "no interest" deals always tack on the $100 "administration fee". Unless it's a car, you really get screwed over by going the monthly payment route.

Back