Did i break my my mb.?

Skelaton4

Limp Gawd
Alright well i have 1 Gb of DDr 400 memory, and i decided that i should stick in these 2 other pc27000 sticks for battlefeild 2. Howver i stuck them in wrong.So i turned it on an i smelled this burning , not good i presumed. So i tried to turn it off with the power buttoon, this was unsuccessful. So i turned the power wtitch off in the back and this shut it down. I thought that this was just going to fix when i took out the ram however, this was not the case. It is now 2 weeks later an di have tried to switch ram, Videocard, Checked the cpu. Everything.

Oh i forgot to mention everything turns on there is just nothing that is on the screen.

I odered a new Mb. i gave up, should come anyday now, but if you all can help? maybe i can get my computer back...

I miss it :(

Dead Motherboard or Ram. Very good diagnosis...

Can you remove all your ram and put a piece in that wasn't in during the smoking process...

Be careful as usually when the mobo die the cpu die too. I experienced it with an a8n-e with a 3500+ and last week on my p4 630 on an D915GUX (I really have bad luck printed on my face).

Hope for you this is only your mobo, but don' get too excited as your cpu might have died too. (I was lucky amd exchanged mine as it didn't burn or anything)

I have tried the ram on another pc and it is fine.. and i took the cpu out and it appears to not be burnt out, So I beilve it must be the MB, Dammit i do stupid stuff alot

Well not necessarly. I took all my computer on a local computer shop (I usually never go there, it's so expensive) but I didn't have another s939 mobo/cpu at my disposal to do the other tests (I did the ram / videocard on pci-e 16x,1x, tested 2 different pci card too and finally the monitor).

Hope your mobo replacement will be enough.
Good luck

Back