Did you get a free upgrade from a RMA?

Crucible1001

[H]ard|Gawd
I sent my 7900GT Extreme back to XFX for RMA. I had one of those bad ones from last spring, but just ignored the artifacts for a while. They sent me back a brand new and sealed 7950GT Extreme. Of course, before I sent the video card in I upgraded. Anyways, everyone knows a RMA is a great excuse to upgrade.

What has everyone else gotten from RMA. What video cards and company? How long did it take?

XFX
7900GT Extreme (9 months used) - 7950GT Extreme (New)
25 days

Evga.

My 7900gt would lock up the game. I sent it in for RMA.
They sent me a 7900GTX.

:)

Funny I just took my PNY 6800 Ultra back at the computer store to RMA it since it crapped out last night and started to fill the screen with artefacts (it wasn't even oced.. ever..), anyway wonder how this will turn out, I'm expecting a 7800 GS since that's PNY's best AGP card at the moment but who knows they might fix it and send it back.

I got an upgrade a couple years ago from a 9800 XT to an X800 Pro from Asus.

bah, ati seems to have a wicked supply of 9600 pros lol. rma'd twice and I still got a 9600 pro back.

I just RMA'd my 7900GS, it just arrived there today. I'm interested to see what I'll get, but hopefully atleast a working 7900GS.

eVGA upped me from a 7900GT to a 7950GT, I was hoping for a 7900GTX because a few people on their forums got that upgrade (and I see someone here did too), but alas I "only" got a 7950GT. I basically got three free upgrades from EVGA, a 7800GT -> 7900GT -> 7950GT! :D

I went from a 6800GT -> 7900GT KO -> 7950GT KO through RMAs from Monarch (from the 6800 to the 7900) and eVGA (7900 to 7950). :)

Works for me.

mike

I just RMA'd my 7900GS, it just arrived there today. I'm interested to see what I'll get, but hopefully atleast a working 7900GS.

You want to hope for a card that only half works. You then use the card for 6-9 months, then RMA. Chances are very likely you get a free upgrade. Of course, odds are that you won't get a broken card every RMA. I did not think of this when I did the RMA, but I certainly hope I can do it again.

I guess it happens when a card goes discontinued. If they don't have equal to, I guess they send better.

I sent my 7900GT back to evga and got Half-Life EP1 in the box. It was a great game. This was back in November though. If I went through the trouble of sending it back now I'm sure I'd get a 7950.

Back