Did you know that...

SpeedyVV

Supreme [H]ardness
If you owned a SR-2 Dual Hex rig, it will cost you $10.04 in power to get 1 million points?

If you owned a SR-2 Dual Hex rig, it would take you about 7 days to get 1 million points?

If you owned an Athlon II X2 rig, it would cost you $240.00 in power to get 1 million points?

If you owned an Athlon II X2 rig, it would take you about 500 days to get 1 million points?

If you want to get a million points with a SR-2 Dual Hex rig, it would cost you $3,135.04?

If you want to get a million points with an Athlon II X2 rig, it would cost you $640.00?

If you run a SR-2 Dual Hex rig for 3 years, you will get 154,396,000 points?

If you run a SR-2 Dual Hex rig for 3 years, your total cost is $4,675.52?

If you run an Athlon II X2 rig for 3 years, you will get 2,190,000 points?

If you run an Athlon II X2 rig for 3 years, your total cost is $925.60?

themoreyouknow.jpg

If I had 3,135.04 dollars I would jump on that action. I have zero dollars so my P4 2.6Ghz will rack up a million points in 10 to 20 years and for the cost of 1000+ dollars in electricity. Fortunately I got the P4 machine for free!

I have other hardware that I need to do CPU burn in on so that helps out my ppd!!!

This fall I am hedging natural gas on New York Mercantile Exchange hoping that it goes up through the fall buying season. If it does then good news for me. If it doesn't oh well back to the drawing board. Yes it is a little complicated but if you buy options you don't need 3000 dollars to get started. If the winter repeats like last winter than I can do something but so far it hasn't.

If you run an Athlon II X2 rig for 211.5 years, you will get 154,396,000 points?

If you run an Athlon II X2 rig for 211.5 years, your total cost is $37,455.04?

Did you just discover the joys of spread sheets and have run a-muck?

This information and the following table was based on musky's post which is a great guide to making intelligent decisions about folding.

I am only providing different views on the same data really.

Capture-4.jpg

Ironically, my post does not include the best bang for the buck out there - the L5640 ES

If you want to spend 10 cents/day of power a day with a SR-2 Dual Hex rig, you will earn 3,634,533 points in a year?

If you want to spend 10 cents/day of power a day with an Athlon II X2 rig, you will earn 152,083 points in a year?

If you want to spend 10 cents/day of power a day with a SR-2 Dual Hex rig, you will earn 3,634,533 points in a year?

If you want to spend 10 cents/day of power a day with an Athlon II X2 rig, you will earn 152,083 points in a year?

How many X2 rigs is that?

So this thread is saying that I should sell my kidney and get one of them SR2 dual hex rigs.

So this thread is saying that I should sell my kidney and get one of them SR2 dual hex rigs.

You should get a minimum of 2 rigs, but I would start the wager at 4 rigs.

No. This thread tells you what kind of production and what kind of costs are associated with various rigs.

It also tells you that a SR-2 rig can cost you almost $1.50 a day to run, and a Athlon II X2 can cost you almost $0.50 a day.

More than a billion people live on less than $1.00 a day.

And for about $1.00 a day some charities claim to provide a child with:
Clean water
Nutritious food
Health care, including AIDS prevention
Educational opportunities
Spiritual nurture
Care for sick or dying parent
HIV and AIDS counseling

I will NOT tell you to do anything. Just presenting you with some numbers to help you make informed and hopefully better decisions for yourself when it comes to folding.

EDIT: For myself I chose to spend $200 on a processor upgrade to improve my production to about 10K PPD at a small increment of operational and capital cost.

Last edited:
SR-2 $599
2x L5640's from eBay $700
12gb RAM $300
PSU $150-$200
2x HSF $60-$120

Misc vid card, hard drive, OS, possible motherboard tray extra.

thanks for the quick reply

Just had a look at Australia prices.... a bit to steep:eek:

*edit*
@SpeedyVV - Oh I totally missed the spreadsheet. I just skipped the replies once your sequential posts ended. Apologies for asking a dumb question guys!!
ROC

thanks for the quick reply

Just had a look at Australia prices.... a bit to steep:eek:

*edit*
@SpeedyVV - Oh I totally missed the spreadsheet. I just skipped the replies once your sequential posts ended. Apologies for asking a dumb question guys!!
ROC

Hey AssM@N, no problem, but why dont you come out of retirement and do a little folding.

Even for a bit of time will help us push off EVGA.

Oh yeah, the SR-2 are big money...

I only was able to spend $200 on a AMD X6. You could always do that. OC the sucker and you will be getting bigadv in no time ;-)

you know you could just update the OP instead of posting over and over again?

ROC it is good to see ya post!

I think if you where wanting to get a system someone here would be willing to help get boxen bits too ya.

OMG ROC! I just saw it, 65.6 Million points!!!

I am not worthy to be on the same thread as you.

ROC, its a pleasure as always.

Feel free to stop by more often and hang out. Im always handing out free beers :)

HI ROC! :cool:

Xilikon is also still lurking about and might hopefully return soon. He's been making a few posts on FF.

If you want to get a million points with a SR-2 Dual Hex rig, it would cost you $3,135.04?

If you want to get a million points with an Athlon II X2 rig, it would cost you $640.00?

I don't have $3,135.04.

Or even $640.00.

How many points can I buy with 18 cents?

Now, how many people actually get this besides me? I got a good chuckle out of it DW... :)
oh yeah. anybody that watched saturday cartoons in the, what, 80s (?) should remember this

Back