Diff. between Koolance EXOS and the Koolance Case?

cruz610

Limp Gawd
Been trying to find out what is the main difference when it comes to performance; I realize one is fully self-contained and the other is an internal setup,but do they perform similarily?

Me too, I would also like to know the difference. Is a Koolance case the way to go for a watercooling noobie?

the exos isnt' a bitch to refill

with the koolance case you gotta flip the thing over and refill it/drain it from there (really annoying)

The_In_Kid said:
the exos isnt' a bitch to refill

with the koolance case you gotta flip the thing over and refill it/drain it from there (really annoying)

That doesn't sound like much fun. Maybe I will go with a kit from dangerden.com.:confused: Thanks for the info.

None really. It's just a bitch fitting your mobo inside an exos, the case is much better for that, but no difference performance-wise.

sandman78 said:
That doesn't sound like much fun. Maybe I will go with a kit from dangerden.com.:confused: Thanks for the info.

just make sure to get a res with it...and youll be fine

Little Grabbi said:
None really. It's just a bitch fitting your mobo inside an exos, the case is much better for that, but no difference performance-wise.

I beg to differ. Exos has all 3 fans pulling air out. I believe the case ones has 2 in 1 out.
Also, the case temp will be higher than ambient, so you are asking for less optimal solution by going case. (Ok, case is cheaper). I would say about 1-2c... not quite much really :p I have diff suggestion for cheap route that performs equally to exos though... which I wish I had known earlier as it would have been much cheaper :p (Ok, not optimal but sound good enough for price).

http://www.overclockers.com/articles1062/

Koolance Case compares to the Exos, however it has a much smaller radiator than the Exos. Couple that with the undeniable fact that it's 1/4th tubing, and you might get a few degrees hotter. I don't exactly know why it is that Exos cases, considering they are a Mid-Tower, cost about $50 less than the Exos. But, I do know, I am now definitly getting an Exos with Koolance blocks, just for sake of simplicity. Either way you cool far better than with air cooling. Plus, you could put Exos on a different comp without much hesitation.

Back