Difference between AN8/KN8 denomination?

The AN8 is part of the Asus "Ai" lineup so it has a few extra bells & whistles.

SilverMK3 said:
The AN8 is part of the Asus "Ai" lineup so it has a few extra bells & whistles.

You mean ABit? :p

Anyway, so the KN8 is pretty much a budget version of the AN8? I'm heavily considering it for my next build.

Ah, didn't catch that. Don't really need the Firewire, but the passive chipset cooling is a big plus for me. Considering the AN8's 105$ at Newegg, I'll probably end up getting that.

Are there any major stability issues with the AN8 boards, or are they as solid as ABit usually is?

GForce64 said:
Are there any major stability issues with the AN8 boards, or are they as solid as ABit usually is?

Rock solid once you get it dialed in with your ram timings...AND use the latest Abit BIOS...especially if you have an X2 cpu. Oh yeah...DO NOT use the Nvidia Forceware IDE drivers...

TheRapture said:
Rock solid once you get it dialed in with your ram timings...AND use the latest Abit BIOS...especially if you have an X2 cpu. Oh yeah...DO NOT use the Nvidia Forceware IDE drivers...

Thanks for the info. Which IDE drivers are recommended over the nVidia ones?

Edit: Now that I think of it, I remember reading the DFi SLi mobo needs help dialing in RAM timings in, too. Is this a common "issue" (even though it's really not) across NForce4 boards?

Back