Difference between the Sammy 750D and 950D

chiablo

Limp Gawd
I'm looking at getting a new monitor, and from what I can see, it looks like the Samsung 950D is the one to get. But at $550, this is a bit much to swallow. The 750D is currently $300, and is much easier for me to justify.

However, I'm having a very hard time finding out what the difference between these two displays are. It seems like there's just more connections on the 950D and an HDTV tuner. Does anybody have information about the differences between these displays?

I've looked into both of these for a while and they do seem quite similar. What I've read is basically they look alot different, and I've seen reports of a higher level of backlight bleeding on the 950D. And something about the stand not really helping that case or something.

(If I am wrong then please correct me, as I don't own either of these monitors but am definitely still interested in both)

I was days away of ordering the 750D, but then they announced the 970D. Now I don't know what to do anymore.

I was days away of ordering the 750D, but then they announced the 970D. Now I don't know what to do anymore.

As a result of this announcement, the 750's have substantially dropped in price.

I don't think the reason the 750d came down in price is due to the 970d since the panel type is different, one is PLS and the other is TN.

I would have bought the 750d in a second if it had DVI and I just can't justify paying 699.99 for the 950d with a crappy stand for just a DVI port. I can't imagine how successful the 750D would have been if it had a DVI port too.

I am sure DVI is still the dominant connection type on computers as display port is somewhat new.

Foe those who think a faster monitor does not matter like I did is wrong. I disconnected my Samsung 275T+ last night and connected my son's Viewsonic VX2640 and had my best game ever in Battlefield BC2 I then connected my Samy 275t+ and my scores were back to normal. I thought as I got older I was just not fast enough to beat the kiddies anymore I was wrong I kicked the crap out of them with the TN panel and I am just average on my own monitor. So I am in need of a good quallity 120Hz TN monitor but like I said I just can't spend 300 bucks more for the 950d when the 750d has the same panel and gets better reviews. DAM-IT!!!!!!!!!

I just picked up a 950D today and it's pretty great. I'm coming from a 3007WFP-HC which is now my secondary. I really wanted 120hz 2d gaming and this seems to be the cream of the crop in the current generation of 120hz monitors. It's unfortunate that it is essentially the same as the 750D except for the stand and input options (I needed DVI) for more money, but it seems to be worth it so far.

The differences between the 950D and the 750D are: 950D has a DVI input and the 750D doesn't, it has a display port. Both models use the same panel and both display 120hz. The 750D seems to be a more popular choice because of the traditional styling and cheaper price.

I just picked up a 950D today and it's pretty great. I'm coming from a 3007WFP-HC which is now my secondary. I really wanted 120hz 2d gaming and this seems to be the cream of the crop in the current generation of 120hz monitors. It's unfortunate that it is essentially the same as the 750D except for the stand and input options (I needed DVI) for more money, but it seems to be worth it so far.

I have a 3007wfp-hc also. If you have to just pick one which one would it be? I was thinking about selling my 3007 to pick up one of the 750D's. What are your thought's? Thanks

750d does not have DVI, keep that in mind.

The 700d does.

So why not just use a DVI to HDMI cable?

The screen doesn't support 120hz over HDMI (you then probably need to go dual-link DVI to Display port instead if to use DVI).

Lovely screen though. I just got the S27A950D and so far I am pleased with it. :)

Last edited:
I was thinking about getting the adapter but it is not cheap and I was afraid it might introduce some lag.

I was thinking about getting the adapter but it is not cheap and I was afraid it might introduce some lag.

You only need some cheap passive adapter or a dual link dvi to display port cable, not the expensive $100 active adapters. Just make sure its dual link dvi, since single link doesn't have the bandwidth for 120hz 1080P.

I doubt there will be any lag. The screens display port seems to disagree with Nvidia cards display port it seems from what I have read (no bios/post or signal before windows have loaded).

where is the 300$ 750D?

I'm looking at getting a new monitor, and from what I can see, it looks like the Samsung 950D is the one to get. But at $550, this is a bit much to swallow. The 750D is currently $300, and is much easier for me to justify.

However, I'm having a very hard time finding out what the difference between these two displays are. It seems like there's just more connections on the 950D and an HDTV tuner. Does anybody have information about the differences between these displays?

I have a 3007wfp-hc also. If you have to just pick one which one would it be? I was thinking about selling my 3007 to pick up one of the 750D's. What are your thought's? Thanks

If your passion is gaming and silky smooth framerates and you have a good GPU, then get the 950D. If you don't game all that much, the 30" is amazing for everything else (including gaming, but without the silk). I'm keeping both in a multi-monitor setup.

The 750D is the better option if you can use DisplayPort. got mine for $399 at Tiger, it was a great buy. Really loving this thing for gaming. Anything 100hz+ is smooth as butter

Back