differences between L and T core duo?

fugu

[H]F Junkie
What's the difference between a 1.66 GHz L series core duo and a 1.66 GHz T series? From what I've read, the L is the low voltage part while the T is the performance part... But what exactly does that mean? They both have 2MB L2 cache, and I can't find anywhere that says what the difference is besides the range of clockspeeds offered.

They same part numbers run at the same speed: T2300 = L2300 and T2400 = L2400 for speed .

The only difference is the power rating and the L models don't go as high. The T models are rated at 31W and the L models are rated at 15W. The L models are preferable of course, especially if you run intensive tasks while on battery power.

You could always under-volt the non-LV CPU to save power with CHC/NHC like I do. :p

pxc said:
They same part numbers run at the same speed: T2300 = L2300 and T2400 = L2400 for speed .

The only difference is the power rating and the L models don't go as high. The T models are rated at 31W and the L models are rated at 15W. The L models are preferable of course, especially if you run intensive tasks while on battery power.

You could always under-volt the non-LV CPU to save power with CHC/NHC like I do. :p

Ah, okay, thanks

Back