Digital Audio Optical Toslink Cable

punbx360

Limp Gawd
looking to buy an optical cable currently own a cheap belkin that does the job but would like something like the Viablue H-Flex

http://viablue.de/com/toslinkcable.shtml

which looks awesome and is only $30 are there any other cool looking cheap toslink cables or should i just go ahead and get the Viablue

^^^^

picked up a few of the same Monoprice cables when they were on sale a few months ago. They look nice and work perfectly as expected.

I'm pretty sure he's more concerned with aesthetics.

are there any other cool looking cheap toslink cables

Monster cable makes some nice ones although overpriced. I think for ~$30 that viablue looks pretty nice. You could also look for audioquest and knuconceptz. Obviously not any better than the belkin (or the monoprice), but they do look nice.

Is that viablue orderable online anywhere? I am a big believer in supercheap cables. However I'm also a fan of cool looking cables, and for $30 for an optical cable, that's not THAT ridiculous of a price for something that looks really cool.

Monster cable makes some nice ones although overpriced. I think for ~$30 that viablue looks pretty nice. You could also look for audioquest and knuconceptz. Obviously not any better than the belkin (or the monoprice), but they do look nice.
not sure if you had checked but the monoprice cables that were linked are aesthetically pleasing, well at least more so than the usual cheap black plastic ones ;)

correct

monster cables are ok
audioquest are very expensive
knuconceptz are nice but i like the viablue and will get a better deal $30 shipped for a 6ft cable

Is that viablue orderable online anywhere? I am a big believer in supercheap cables. However I'm also a fan of cool looking cables, and for $30 for an optical cable, that's not THAT ridiculous of a price for something that looks really cool.
exactly...
click on find your local dealer drop down menu->USA
av-outlet has a 6ft cable for $30 shipped and they accept paypal
http://www.av-outlet.com/en-us/dept_96.html

not sure if you had checked but the monoprice cables that were linked are aesthetically pleasing, well at least more so than the usual cheap black plastic ones ;)

true nothing wrong with them wish i had known about them before buying my belkin from newegg for $15 they are cheaper and look much better sucks that their digital coaxial don't look as good though

not sure if you had checked but the monoprice cables that were linked are aesthetically pleasing, well at least more so than the usual cheap black plastic ones

Oh, for some reason I clicked on the link and was looking at the wrong cable on the page. Yes, those are actually pretty nice. I'll be honest, for $6.50 I'd probably buy the monoprice ones over the viablues.

I do have a set of Acoustic Research ones that I nabbed for cheap at best buy awhile back. They don't have the fancy braid, but are dark blue, nice thick cable and solid connectors. They were way cheaper than the plain jane ones at radio shack and I didn't feel like waiting for mail order at the time.

Oh, for some reason I clicked on the link and was looking at the wrong cable on the page. Yes, those are actually pretty nice. I'll be honest, for $6.50 I'd probably buy the monoprice ones over the viablues.

I do have a set of Acoustic Research ones that I nabbed for cheap at best buy awhile back. They don't have the fancy braid, but are dark blue, nice thick cable and solid connectors. They were way cheaper than the plain jane ones at radio shack and I didn't feel like waiting for mail order at the time.
Heh, i have the same one from bestbuy also :D

The end connectors have corroded to a nasty green color for some reason though, but it still works perfectly otherwise.

i have a monoprice toslink from my 360 to my receiver and it works great. i also have two IXOS toslinks at different price points. one of them was $20ish and while not looking impressive works fine. the other was $85 ($130 for 1.5m)on clearance. it has a quartz core in foamed ptfe then cotton and more ptfe and all metal termination. on paper sounds great but in practice no different then the cheaper two.

Back