Dimensions of a '77 bonni heatercore

Can anyone get me some exact dimensions for this core? I'm mostly interested in length, but width might become an issue as well. Thks.

it depends on the core you get

I have in front of me a 77 Bonneville w/ AC. The measurements are as follows...

12 1/4" x 5 5/8" x 2" including endtanks
10 3/4" x 5 5/8" x 2" without endtanks

This is the Fedco 2-302 core. The 2-199 is shorter but fatter and listed on the O/Cers tips page.

This will fit in a 5 1/4" bay slot quite nicely, but is longer than a CD-ROM. I'm putting mine in the top of my LianLi w/ 2 120mm fans on it. (2-302 Core that is)

Hope that helps.

Actually, it does, it helps more than you can imagine.... so you have a 6x series? or a 7x series? I'm thinking putting it in a 6077 case in the top and just moving my cd's down. but now that I know how long it is I can just measure. thx bro, thats what I needed. now to put one in front of the power supply.....

I have a PC-60 from like 99-00. Looks just like the PC-7 on Directron.com (front bezel) and has the old 3 HDD rack.

I'll be putting it from the front drive bay to the PSU with about 1 1/2 to 2 inches to spare. I'm going to cut holes for the cabling to run to the backside of the motherboard, to make it fit easier, and the endtank will likely be about touching the 5 1/4" bay coverplate. It seems like everything is going to just fit if I do it right, so I am going to make sure to do it right. :)

All my parts are on the way, should be here by the 5th. I have already modded the 77 bonneville heatercore (installed 3/8NPT barbs for 1/2 ID hose) and pressure checked it. Now just to get all the components together, assemble in case, leak check on table, and then when I am satisfied, install in case. Hopefully it will all be smooth sailing for me, and for you too if you end up going with the big heatercore.

302, you seem to be than man when it comes to shrouds for those too.... how much does one run?

Back