DiNovo Mini is in house!

jnick

2[H]4U
Here's a mini review + pics for your viewing pleasure...

There not the greatest pics as I was to lazy this morning to get my DSLR, so I went with the point and shoot instead :p.

So what is there to say about the keyboard? Well for one, it's small! As you can see in the shots, it's literally the size of the palm of your hand. It's a bit smaller then a size 7 shoe. It's extremely light as well. It's definitely solid in build quality, though the cover feels a bit funny. I'm sure it could crack if something heavy fell on it when it was closed, but otherwise, it's a solid little device.

There are two modes. Mouse mode and media center mode. When in mouse mode, you can move the mouse pointer by using the circle track pad, well, like a track pad. In media center mode, the track pad now becomes a D-Pad and mimics the MCE remote. Also, should you be viewing a web page, and you need to scroll down, simply hold down th 'FN' button. This temporarily switches the mode from cursor mode to media center mode. This allows you to use the D-Pad to scroll down. However, you do have Page up and Page down buttons in cursor mode, which allow you to scroll as well.

When in mouse mode, clicking by pushing in the track pad is near impossible in some cases, since when you go to click, the mouse moves. However, logitech thought this one through. They included a "OK" button directly across from the track pad, on the left side. This acts as a single left click. Simply click it twice, and you have a double click. To right click, simply use FN + OK, and your context menu will pop up.

To click and drag, well it's pretty easy actually! Simply click using OK and with your right hand, use the track pad to drag the item you want.

The keys are all beveled OUTward in the center of each key. This actually makes it a bit easier to hit the correct key. I'm no speed daemon typing on this thing yet, but it isn't hard at all.

I sit 19ft away from my A/V equipment, and have had no problems with the range. I actually went outside my house, and was able to control my tv flawlessly. Needless to say, you should get an easy 30ft, if not more.

Installation was a breeze. There's no point and even going through that... Just plug it in, load the drivers, and your set.

That's pretty much all I have for now. If you guys have any questions in specific, please ask and I'll do my best to answer!

Thanks for reading!

Pretty neat, I hadn't seen that before. It looks nice. It really reminds me of my phone's keyboard. They're very similarly designed in terms of structure/material and keypad feel. (HTC Kaiser)

No, the plastic does not come off. Unless of course you either break it off or cut it off.

I'm sure you could dis-assemble it and remove the hinge for it without breaking/cutting it.

I thought about that and looked, however I cannot find ONE screw on the device or a seam, other then near the hinge, that will allow you to pop it open...

Also, I forgot to mention, it DOES work with the PS3. There is a switch by the battery to choose between PC and PS3. AND, after a full four hour charge, logitech claims that it will have a battery life of one month.

Holy crap that's a lot of money for that thing. I wouldn't pay over $40 for it based on it's design. :eek:

Looks kind of cool but the price is too high and the keys are too small for me!

awesome keyboard! had mine for about 1.5 months now. got it for 75 :)

i get 1/2 off and no tax on all logitech items from logitech.

So buying this. Was wondering when it was going to be released.

Hey AP2 why dont you buy some for the [H] and we could buy em off you. Pay for shipping.

wish i could, but logitech only alllows each item to be purchased twice a year.

Mine is on the way now!

I can't wait to get it.

I am fine with the price as well.

Thanks for the review OP, i've been wanting one of these. Oh well, i'll just wait for a price drop or use up some buy.com points or something....

Here's a Google price check if anyone's interested. Seems like CompuPlus has the lowest shipped price.

wish i could, but logitech only alllows each item to be purchased twice a year.

The remotes are awesome at Logitech prices! :D I get a similar deal. Unfortunately, the Mini isn't available to me yet. :(

Back