DIR-655 shows a max speed of 130mbps?

AMD_RULES

2[H]4U
My HP Envy 14 has an Intel 6200AGN wireless card. Is it not good enough to achieve 300mbps on my D-Link DIR-655? The firmware is current on the router and the signal is 100% almost every where in my home. Even when I'm a few feet away from the router, the most I'm able to get is 130.

Do I need to change a setting on the router or upgrade the wireless card?

Go into the router's configuration and click Setup->Wireless Settings->Manual Wireless Network Setup and make sure that the Channel Width is set to Auto 20/40 MHz. If there is too much wireless traffic nearby, the router may refuse to utilize a second channel leaving you stuck in 20MHz mode which tops out at 130/150Mbps.

You may also need to explicitly enable 40MHz in the Advanced Properties for the Intel adapter.

Last edited:
Go into the router's configuration and click Setup->Wireless Settings->Manual Wireless Network Setup and make sure that the Channel Width is set to Auto 20/40 MHz. If there is too much wireless traffic nearby, the router may refuse to utilize a second channel leaving you stuck in 20MHz mode which tops out at 130/150Mbps.

You may also need to explicitly enable 40MHz in the Advanced Properties for the Intel adapter.

I failed to mention that I already enabled that setting on the router. Also on the wireless adapter under 5.2 and 2.4, I have it set to Auto instead of 20MHz only.

If this matters, the channel is set to 1 since neighboring networks are on channels 6 and 11 (I'm the only router on channel 1 within a certain distance of my home). Encryption is set to WPA-2 AES and the wireless mode is 802.11N only.

Any other ideas?

Back