direct2drive

IffY

Weaksauce
i just used this service to purchase a game, but everytime i download and try to unzip, i end up getting a CRC CHECK FAILED for data2.cab; data3.cab. the game was star trek legacy, anyone else have bad experience with this?? ive downloaded the stinkin thing like 7 times already!!!

any help helps..... :D

I bought Chaos Theory from D2D a while back, and its worked beautifully every time. I've had to redownload it probably three times, all of which were reformats.

no pausing, all firewalls/bots off. i do a straight thru d/l and i cant get it to work. i sent a problem ticket to d2d and hope to get an answer.

both games i downloaded worked like a charm. try and contact fileplanet, maybe they can help

What program are you using for unzipping? I used WinRAR with my D2D games and have had no problems.

I understand getting it now (well after download).

But with amazon and free shipping, why is D2D often more expensive? Seems without the packaging it could be a bit discounted?

I guess I like reading the manual for some story line or stats, meh.

You need to use winrar or the downloaded version of winzip.

The zip functionality built into windows xp craps out with large files sometimes.

IffY said:
i just used this service to purchase a game, but everytime i download and try to unzip, i end up getting a CRC CHECK FAILED for data2.cab; data3.cab. the game was star trek legacy, anyone else have bad experience with this?? ive downloaded the stinkin thing like 7 times already!!!

any help helps..... :D

Sounds like you either need to get the newest versions of Winzip or WinRar or you have a bad Stick of RAM.

IffY said:

Yeah I downloaded Oblivion twice before I realized I needed to follow some directions before I raped my bandwidth further:

http://support.direct2drive.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=23

Enjoy!

Back