DirecTV Reportedly Wins Bidding War for Hulu

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
It looks like it’s all over except for the shouting. If you were pulling for DirecTV in its bidding war against two other bidders, your side will take home the prize. According to technology news site Pando Daily, the sale of Hulu to DirecTV is imminent and a done deal.
The premium streaming service Hulu Plus has just 4 million subscribers, so if DirecTV wants to use it as a weapon to challenge Netflix, it needs to make bold moves and execute rapidly.

Fuck yes. people in my family have directv and they would never use hulu so I can use it.

There streaming they got now on phones for android is not that great now anyway this will make it better.

There streaming they got now on phones for android is not that great now anyway this will make it better.

Probably. Dish's improved once they acquired Sling. Now it is rock solid, don't need to pay a lease fee for extra boxes as I can just stream to Android TV devices connected to the TVs.

As long as Netflix stays by itself, oh well. Now, watch the price for Hulu plus to skyrocket just like DirecTv's programming costs do.

I'd like to imagine that a year or two down the line DirecTV would renegotiate their NFL deal and allow the purchase of an online Season Ticket delivered via the Hulu tech.

@Babbster

What Hulu tech? Are you implying that Hulu is using some "profound" technology that sites like Youtube and Veoh and Daily Motion and...don't already use? Hulu is nothing new.

Back