Directx10 for XP

hmm, im kind of iffy about that.

lol at the person who asks if bf2 works with it

who cares get Vista. If youve got the horsepower to run DX10 games, then you have more than enough to run Vista, sick of these DX10 in XP threads.. sure it was interesting when Vista was buggy as shit.. but its not anymore.

why pay 100+ dollars when you can just dl it? :-P

not saying that it even works, but it would be cool if it did.

"if it aint broke, dont fix it"

why pay 100+ dollars when you can just dl it? :-P

not saying that it even works, but it would be cool if it did.

"if it aint broke, dont fix it"
well too late now isn't it... just my frikkin luck that after wanting it before it comes out for free now... still there are plenty more benefits to vista and even with this DX10 carrot I won't switch back.. Vista is much smoother, programs load faster.. I love it.. Still wish Bill Gates would get syphilis and die a horrid death.. but hey.. cant get everything you want.

Oh for crying out loud, not this AGAIN *groans* :rolleyes:

Hey, if this ends up being legit, i have no reason to hand out my cash yet to feed the hog for neverending updates.

Well whatever it is, it allowed me to set Crysis to Very High on XP 32-bit. Granted, it did ask to modify some of Crysis' bin .dll's, and Company of Heroes still had the D3D10 option greyed out, so it could very well be bullshit.

Anyway some screens:

This is on a Radeon 3870.

Well whatever it is, it allowed me to set Crysis to Very High on XP 32-bit. Granted, it did ask to modify some of Crysis' bin .dll's, and Company of Heroes still had the D3D10 option greyed out, so it could very well be bullshit.

Anyway some screens:

This is on a Radeon 3870.

Very High does not equal DX10

try running crysis with the /DX10 command...

errrr.. look at the third screenshot.. it CLEARLY SAYS DX9

shit THEY ALL CLEARLY SAY DX9

Yeah... and when did I say I enabled DX10 under XP? I just said it let me set the options to Very High.

Company of Heroes didn't work, don't feel like testing other games, because frankly I don't care that much. Not like DX10 shows a significant advantage over DX9.

Yeah... and when did I say I enabled DX10 under XP? I just said it let me set the options to Very High.

Company of Heroes didn't work, don't feel like testing other games, because frankly I don't care that much. Not like DX10 shows a significant advantage over DX9.

DX9 + Very High settings is old news... why would you post about that? Isnt this a DX10 + XP thread not a removing Crytek imposed restrictions thread?

Why do people always forget that there are no DX10 drivers for XP?

DX9 + Very High settings is old news... why would you post about that? Isnt this a DX10 + XP thread not a removing Crytek imposed restrictions thread?

Reading comprehension, maybe?

The primary reason people want DX10 on XP is for gaming purposes, I posted my results with 2 DX10-capable games, yet you think my posts exist soley to "enlighten" people about 6 month old Crysis tweaks?

But like I said before, I'm done with it. Was just bored at 4 am and decided to give it a go.

Reading comprehension, maybe?

The primary reason people want DX10 on XP is for gaming purposes, I posted my results with 2 DX10-capable games, yet you think my posts exist soley to "enlighten" people about 6 month old Crysis tweaks?

But like I said before, I'm done with it. Was just bored at 4 am and decided to give it a go.

Oh.. i understand.. i also do loads of pointless shit a 4am... cursed time ;)

DX10 just slows down games. Why would you ruin XP by bringing that shit into it?? Fuck DX10.

DX10 just slows down games. Why would you ruin XP by bringing that shit into it?? Fuck DX10.

Hell, why stop at DX10? DX8 is so much faster than DX9, and DX7 is even faster at that! Screw the increase in IQ, right? Its all about the raw FPS numbers! :rolleyes:

DX10 just slows down games.

erm, DX10 increases detail level and generally looks better.

Fuck DX10.

So "fuck" the evolution of PC gamin graphics?

So were you saying "fuck DX8" when the GF3 ti200 came out and had a hard time with DX8 features? I for one am sure glad that card came out and offered Xbox-quality graphics to the masses back in 2k2...

erm, DX10 increases detail level and generally looks better.

So "fuck" the evolution of PC gamin graphics?

So were you saying "fuck DX8" when the GF3 ti200 came out and had a hard time with DX8 features? I for one am sure glad that card came out and offered Xbox-quality graphics to the masses back in 2k2...

Yea, I've yet to see anything in DX10 that makes it worth the performance drop of DX9. They can do most of the same effects with DX9.0c and it's alot faster. DX10 was supposed to be more streamlined and improve performance, NOT decrease it. You can spin it how you want, Vista and DX10 are bloated pigs.

DirectX 10 on XP, miracle weight loss pills, and hair regrowth potions.

My god if all of these were real, my life would be perfect! :)

This is not going to change. Period. Ever. End of story.

It's a completely different driver framework, people. If there were a DX10 for XP, XP would be Vista. Wrap your brain around that.

there is a file called dx10 xp at the bottom of the page that looks like it needs to be installed also.
http://leechermods.blogspot.com/2008/04/directx-10-rc2-fix-21-for-windows-xp.html
hopefully someone here that has an extra machine or in just about to reformat can try this out and post back.
why do people care so much about people wanting to see if they can get it to work. what is the big deal? all the name calling and the bad attitudes and the questioning of peoples intelligence over something that means nothing either way. i find it interesting and hope it actually works even if there is no point now that hardware is so cheap and vista is pretty stable.

Yea, I've yet to see anything in DX10 that makes it worth the performance drop of DX9. They can do most of the same effects with DX9.0c and it's alot faster. DX10 was supposed to be more streamlined and improve performance, NOT decrease it. You can spin it how you want, Vista and DX10 are bloated pigs.

I think you should re-read this article: http://hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTQ4MCwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

The "cost" of running DX10 vs. DX9 is a whopping 0.1-3fps, oh the horror! DX9 also eats up more RAM than DX10, so DX9 doesn't have the clear cut edge that you are claiming it does. Hell, since DX10 uses less RAM, its obviously LESS bloated than DX9.

New rules for DX10 on XP threads:

The OP must...
1. install it
2. install a DX10 game or demo
3. run the DX10 game or demo in DX10 mode
4. post pictures and make history <-- LOL

KTHX

When I see posts like this it makes me wonder just how [H]ard most of the people are here. I know I get oft when I see this.

People, There is NO DX10 on XP! It's really not that hard to wrap your head around. When did [H]ard become tupid?

I think you should re-read this article: http://hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTQ4MCwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

The "cost" of running DX10 vs. DX9 is a whopping 0.1-3fps, oh the horror! DX9 also eats up more RAM than DX10, so DX9 doesn't have the clear cut edge that you are claiming it does. Hell, since DX10 uses less RAM, its obviously LESS bloated than DX9.
I've read it, so what. My experiences and benchmarking with Vista show a large difference. I'm not saying they didnt test it right - but there are ways to come to a desirable outcome regardless of how bad a product or OS is. I don't need to trust anyone elses articles when I can benchmark it myself. One HD has XP the other has Vista. I can run tests in either OS in a matter of minutes.

Ive had a copy of Vista for over a year now that i got as a free upgrade from Dell. Every once in awhile id get bored, and see if Vista was still shit, and it was, so id go back to XP. I hadnt tried it since the last service pack, so i installed it the other day, and i have to say COD4 runs just as good on Vista as XP, and i actually think a bit smoother on Vista. FPS may or may not be as high, but it has a more fluid feel to me.

Still wish Bill Gates would get syphilis and die a horrid death.. but hey.. cant get everything you want.

Why would you wish that? He aint a bad guy, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundations is like the largest charity. Strategic philanthropy maybe, but it's still a very generous organization.

Back