Dirt 2 - overhyped

Kyle disagrees: http://hardocp.com/article/2009/12/07/dirt_2_demo_dx11_performance_iq_preview

I wish that 5970s were available!:(

There's no SLI profile for this game but with everything DX 9 maxed at 1920x1200 I'm getting about 55 FPS and the game plays and looks great. At little arcady which is awesome for off road racers.
Average 66FPS for me and i tried to force SLI/TRISLI with nhancer with no luck.

16x9's the future. Not sure about that resolution in particular, but 16x9 seems to be eclipsing 16x10 completely.
16:9/1920x1080 are usually cheaper to make as it shares TN-panels with TV:s and more often than never are worse than IPS that sits in 1920x1200 24". I will never buy a cheap 1920x1080 "24/23.6"" after i have seen what my present LG can do and it is sad to see makers to go the cheap route and "destroy" 24" market with the crappy TN. Luckily they have not destryed 30" market yet.
To many customers just look at the pricetag and picks the cheapest and that happens to be TN. So in more than one way 16x9 is not the future, just the cheap route.

How many people play this? I find this game to be so much fun compared to the first one. Online racing is awesome still.

To me, it's just a version of GRiD. Truth be told, the engine and everything is. I enjoy more variety of vehicles and modes than GRiD. And you really can't enjoy this game w/o a force feedback wheel with pedals.

I was one of the people that had issues running this game because of Codemaster's spec change right before the released the game. Luckly the DiRT 2 community helped get past all the crashing issues (a week and a half after it came out), but I lost a bit of respect for Codemasters with their support. Or lack of.

I can't hate on DiRT 2 though, I think it looks nice and plays well. You really have to love that sort of thing to really get into it.

Heh, yeah for sure. I love this game, its pretty awesome visually and runs really well. Also, I love driving the Subaru WRX STI. Hotness.

With a wheel and pedals its addicting.

I have a MOMO racing wheel and a DFGT. We hooked both up and have been racing for ever lol and not getting bored. the only part i wish they had was, multiplayer replays.

I will be getting Dirt2 soon, right now i am completely hooked on Shift, especially after the second patch+DLC that has fixed many of the annoyances. The '67 'vette around Road America is a blast :D
Edit: Strangely,I prefer the xbox controller for Grid, but I play Shift only with the Logitech Momo FF wheel...simply can't make fine adjustments with the controller.

I couldn’t believe it when I saw the Corvette, great car and great game, hate that I can’t drift with all the cars. any hack for that?

well, making “I don’t know why all the hype over [insert game] is about” is the overhype, regardless, high expectations can lead to disappointment, so I guess linking it with DX11 that was somehow supposed to deliver revolutionary graphics is the way to make it rational to say about it’s amazing graphics...bad. but I’ll just agree because I’m not satisfied until I can’t distinguish it from the real thing :D slow load time?! are you sure... I mean ... uh ... never mind.

Back