Dirt 2 PC Demo Discussion - Released on Dec 1st @ 9AM EST

I think I'll just wait for the Steam release (since I got it free). I'm looking forward to it, though!

Hmm, I think I see the touted "Tesselation" effects in the game when I don't have a DX11 card? Or is it more detailed in DX11? I don't know lol.

The demo was fun, but not really worth a purchase for me. The non-circuit track was fun, but not perfect in my opinion.

The demo was fun, but not really worth a purchase for me. The non-circuit track was fun, but not perfect in my opinion.

The game is fun as hell dude...and I'm not really into racing games. I plan on purchasing it on PS3 again when I get a chance, but it's very good.

Awesome demo!

I'm trying to take screenshots but there coming out black using printscreen. Anyone know why?

Awesome demo!

I'm trying to take screenshots but there coming out black using printscreen. Anyone know why?

Sometimes that happens because print screen functionality was disabled or simply not added by default in the registry for an app during it's install. It can usually be fixed with a quick edit of, or the addition of, a registry entry. But it could be something else entirely.

Or for free, you can just download Xfire or a trial version of fraps and go that way. I use Xfire myself for screen and vid caps of games.

Yeah, I started up FRAPS and took some shots. It only has .bmp in the trial but I just converted them to .jpg's with irfanview.

For anyone interested:

dirt22009-12-0321-26-21-66.jpg

dirt22009-12-0321-26-17-03.jpg

dirt22009-12-0321-26-30-40.jpg

dirt22009-12-0321-26-42-31.jpg

dirt22009-12-0321-26-26-41.jpg

Game looks great and runs butter smooth with everything maxed at 1920x1200 and 4xAA. That's what it auto detected and I thought it might be a bit much for my 4850, but this game is obviously very well optimized.

But what about DX11 - are we seeing a big difference?

I've gotta say, though, that when Bioshock was released I read at forums how people were saying that the difference between DX9 and DX10 was significant. One person said that Bioshock's water in DX10 was the reason he bought a DX10 capable card. What complete rot. You can't even tell the difference!

DX11 is noticeably sharper because the blur filter is removed.

Back