Dirt 3 Complete Edition (no GFWL) - Steam $23.99 (20% off)

Thanks for the heads up. Hadn't noticed the Complete edition in my library, downloading now to mess around with.

Wish they would do the same to Dirt 2, which I liked more than Dirt 3... but will check it out when I get home.

Luke warm indeed for something as aged as this. Unfortunately I have all Dirt games but 3 :-( I sure as hell am not paying anywhere near $24 for it either.

Last edited:
Wow...I got Dirt3 with my wife's 280 and never got to play it. GWFL died before I got round it. Time to reinstall! Killer

Luke warm indeed for something as aged as this. Unfortunately I have all Dirt games but 3 :-( I sure as hell am not paying anywhere near $24 for it either.

If you can find a cd-key somewhere, it can be redeemed for the new edition.

Hard to believe it's been so many years since DiRT 3 came out... I paid $6.80 for it back in 2013 when GreenManGaming had it on sale. Humble Bundle had it as part of a bundle (if you paid $9 or more) last year at one point...

I really REALLY wish they would put the original Collin McRae DiRT back on Steam, I thoroughly enjoyed it and think it stands even today as a fantastic racer. I don't know about the sequels, but DiRT was awesome because you could race in dump trucks and semi trucks and crazy things like that. Just a hell of a lot of fun....

every new DiRT games is getting worse and worse....

DiRT was fun, and old Collin games were much better.

Oh cool that Dirt 3 is a free upgrade for those who already have it. I haven't fired up Steam on my computer in a while. (Yeah, I know, shame on me.) I'll do that the next time I fire up my PC and get this new version downloaded. :cool:

I finally got around to downloading and installing D3 Complete to Steam last night. So does that mean the regular version of D3 is no longer needed and I can delete it? I haven't launched Dirt 3 Complete yet, so no idea if my racing history will be migrated from regular Dirt 3 to the Complete version.

I finally got around to downloading and installing D3 Complete to Steam last night. So does that mean the regular version of D3 is no longer needed and I can delete it? I haven't launched Dirt 3 Complete yet, so no idea if my racing history will be migrated from regular Dirt 3 to the Complete version.

I've removed/hidden DiRT3 from my library and since the "new" CE replaces its content, you can safely uninstall it to save on disk space. But be warned - your saves from DiRT3 will not transfer to DiRT3 CE - you're going to have to start over.

I still have DiRT 2 installed. DiRT 2 at least looked like a rally game. DiRT 3 was utter meh and Showdown just sucks magic balls.

I've heard not great things about Showdown and am glad I skipped that one completely. DiRT3's handling of rally stages are pretty good in my opinion and even moreso that the DLC course, Monte Carlo, is now rolled into the CE.

I've removed/hidden DiRT3 from my library and since the "new" CE replaces its content, you can safely uninstall it to save on disk space. But be warned - your saves from DiRT3 will not transfer to DiRT3 CE - you're going to have to start over.
Good to know, thanks for the heads up. So I guess Dirt 3 Complete would be better version of the previously crippled Dirt 3, but have to start from scratch, apparently. I guess that's fine. I spent more time playing D2 than D3. But it would've been nice if the profile/saves carried over for those who invested more time in the previous D3.

Good to know, thanks for the heads up. So I guess Dirt 3 Complete would be better version of the previously crippled Dirt 3, but have to start from scratch, apparently. I guess that's fine. I spent more time playing D2 than D3. But it would've been nice if the profile/saves carried over for those who invested more time in the previous D3.

Doing the various gymkhana challenges is real annoying but overall it's not the worst thing in the world for a working/stable copy of DiRT3.

Back