Disk Cleanup Freezing windowns at high OC?

RM_Bulldog

Gawd
at 248fsb it passes at 249+ it freezes or reboots system alltogether but will run memetest or prime overnight....anyone have any ideas what problem is?

please help me recently updated MB bios and installed SP2 and added a new stick of ram when problem started

feel around when it does it.. specifically your north/south bridge... thats a high fsb.... could maybe it just cant take the heat... or your pci bus doesnt have a good lock

it does it when its compressing old files so i assume its the southbridge heating up
as i dont think memtest or sandra stresses the southbridge at all

It's probably not freezing at all. If you can Prime all day/all night without any crashes yet you still have this issue, it's not the FSB.

Google is your friend. Whenever I do a clean install, this is one of the first things I do. Read the whole thread, then follow the directions posted to stop the unnecessary compressing of files.

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/win2000/t1012332492

that sounds close to what is happening for me @ 248fsb it takes a long time but completes @249 it freezes part way into it and i have to reboot windows @250 it reboots windows by itself

well i think it may have been my memory it was in slots 1-3 where as before it was 2-4 i put it back to 2-4 and now im back @ 250FSB :)

damn all that testing to find out my CPU is hitting its limit @ 248fsb :( darnit id have to give it 1.725 to go any higher :(

Back