display issue with new video card

leetskeet

Limp Gawd
i have it set in windows for the screen saver to come on after 15min and to turn off the monitor after 20min. the monitor goes black and then says "no video input" check dvi cable but never goes into sleep mode. it used to give me this message and then the monitors light went from blue to orange. if i take the hdmi cable out of the back it goes orange...i'm guessing this something to do with the video card.

what do you guys think? should i try to reinstall the drivers?

ninja update: just went into nvidia properties and was clicking through each menu category on the left and when i clicked system information i got BSOD...rebooted and got the same result.

Perhaps try reinstalling the drivers, or try an older driver.... use driver cleaner after you've uninstalled the previous driver before installing a different one

I've experience some hard crashing problems too that seems to go away when I use driver 178.24

180.48 gives me corruption and crash when I play video files, and the beta 180.98 crash my PC each time I boot up windows

178.24 seems to be the best for my 9800GTX+ right now... oh well

installed older drivers and newer drivers...still happening. i found on google a few people with the same card and monitor having the same problem but mine just started out of nowhere. i found a thread on here and other forums about a registry patch but nothing it working...whats weird is if i turn off the monitor than turn it back on it goes into sleep mode or if i unplug the hdmi and plug it back in it works fine...anyone have any insight?

just hooked up my eeepc to see what happens and it works fine with that...tells me to check input and then goes immediately into standby. i used the driversweeper in safe mode and got rid of a lot of nvidia stuff. i'm running spinrite now for shits and giggles and then i'm gonna go back and reinstall the 180.84 again. this is annoying cause i dont want any burn in from that check input message. i noticed on this gtx 260 that the clocks adjust when i'm not doing anything...my 8800gt didnt do this...any chance this is whats causing my problem?

Back