Dividing 30" monitor to 4x 1280x800 "screens"

SuperKeijo

Gawd
So here's the deal: I need a small app that could divide windows desktop into 4 parts that would act as 4 screens. So that I could throw windows "full screen" but it would really only take 1/4 of the real desktop space. Is there any way of doing this? Thanks in advance.

nvidia driver have this funtion,also powerstrip
i'm using 960x600 now...all app and game run very well

At native 2560x1600, wouldn't 1/4 of the screen be 640x400?

You divided the panels entire resolution by 4.. you don't want 8 screens ;)

if you draw a line halfway through the 2560 (width) and half way through the 1600(height)
it would give you 4 squares, hence 2560/2 = 1280, and 1600/2 = 800.

This may seem like a stupid question...

...but why would you want to divide your screen into 4 smaller ones? Don't most apps run in windows that could be resized to what you need? I'm guessing it would look pretty cool haveing 4 seperate fullscreen apps running. :eek:

Please appease my curiosity (and probably give me ANOTHER reason why I should take the plunge and buy a 3007hc :) )

This may seem like a stupid question...

...but why would you want to divide your screen into 4 smaller ones? Don't most apps run in windows that could be resized to what you need? I'm guessing it would look pretty cool haveing 4 seperate fullscreen apps running. :eek:

Please appease my curiosity (and probably give me ANOTHER reason why I should take the plunge and buy a 3007hc :) )

Sure you can resize windows to any size you want and move them around, but It's very slow to manually move and resize windows next to each other. With gridmove it's very fast and easy and helps get most out of the high 2560 x 1600 resolution. :) Very nice application.

So let me get this straight. Once you set Gridmove to divide the screen to 4 fully separate, but equal size screens, then the applications that you open would fully cover that window each and every time?

So let me get this straight. Once you set Gridmove to divide the screen to 4 fully separate, but equal size screens, then the applications that you open would fully cover that window each and every time?

You should download it and try it out. The way it's implemented is actually very good. The default behavior will not really change anything about how your UI currently works until you drag a window to the edge of the screen.

Another plus is that it's a simple exe that can be stored anywhere and creates all its configuration locally with no registry clutter.

You should download it and try it out. The way it's implemented is actually very good. The default behavior will not really change anything about how your UI currently works until you drag a window to the edge of the screen.

Another plus is that it's a simple exe that can be stored anywhere and creates all its configuration locally with no registry clutter.

lol yea I guess I should, but I figure it would just be easier to ask.

Nice find. I had a problem with only using the middle of my 3007WFP. This should help a lot.

Now I need to figure out how to make new templates :\

Not to sound simple but, for the majority of apps, wouldn't you want to simply have the full screen available for the task and just alt tab through them?

*note* I've only had dual monitor setup 2007wfp/1705fp for a couple months, and don't currently have it unfortunately.. so my real estate isn't anything near what the 3007 has.

Back