DLink DGS-3100 Switches and Fortigate Firewall/Router??

Burnout01

Limp Gawd
Anyone here using or have used DLink DGS-3100 POE switches? I'm working for a place that has these and they are wanting to invest in a VOIP system. I've never seen these type of switches before, and would like some feed back before I roll out a 70+ phone VOIP system. They are managed switches but are all running un-managed at the moment.

They are also using a Fortigate 80cm Firewall/Router. I'm not familiar with this device either.

I'm missing layer 3 as I can't setup any VLan's with this equipment.

I'm hoping someone here has some experience with these and could give me some good advice.

Thanks for any help.

I've plugged in the Fortinet devices, but never managed them. Spec sheets for both devices indicate they support VLAN and QOS. If you are bringing in a outside vendor for the phone system they should provide you with a list of requirements.

I've plugged in the Fortinet devices, but never managed them. Spec sheets for both devices indicate they support VLAN and QOS. If you are bringing in a outside vendor for the phone system they should provide you with a list of requirements.

Just researched that too, the DLink DGS-3100's do vlan's its a layer 2 switch..

I used those switchs since year.

My last job we had 2 DGS-3100-24P with VoIP system, working great. Both switch linked together.
The other job before i had 5 DGS-3100-24 also link as cluster working great up there too just didn't had POE on those.

For the price/quality/option it think they are in the best of their class.

D-Link support is also great, when i had 5 of them i had one bad switch which was always getting into reset and cause of that the hole cluster was always in re-electing master/slave. They send a advance exchange and i keep the old one for like 6 months (totally forgot it since i was in a huge upgrade process) they never even called me to get it back.

Back