Do any DVD players play movies from a thumb drive?

jordan12

[H]F Junkie
Like AVI, etc is what I want. Don't want to burn discs anymore..

What would you guys look at?

Haven't seen many DVD players that do that, but there are plenty of Blu Ray players that will. We have a cheap LG BD-530 that plays anything I throw at it, even 1080p mkv.

Haven't seen many DVD players that do that, but there are plenty of Blu Ray players that will. We have a cheap LG BD-530 that plays anything I throw at it, even 1080p mkv.

Blu ray is cool too. I forgot about those.

Yup, I'm continually surprised at the things my LG devices will play from USB.

If you don't care about discs anymore period you might want to check into a player like the WD TV Live, we've got a few in the family and everyone absolutely loves them. Two USB ports so you can pretty much plug in any storage device you want. I haven't found a file yet that the WD TV won't play happily.

alot of DivX DVD players will play from disk AVI files, but not seen any with thumb drive..

TV too far away to connect your computer?

just buy a WDLive for $99 or something

I Love this site. I'm just learning.. LOLo I'm on ebay tryin to get one. the WD LIVE

Yup, I'm continually surprised at the things my LG devices will play from USB.

If you don't care about discs anymore period you might want to check into a player like the WD TV Live, we've got a few in the family and everyone absolutely loves them. Two USB ports so you can pretty much plug in any storage device you want. I haven't found a file yet that the WD TV won't play happily.

I would go with a WD Live if you want to get rid of your discs. Or build a HTPC, but that is probably overkill.

Like AVI, etc is what I want. Don't want to burn discs anymore..

What would you guys look at?

If you are still looking for a DVD player, Best Buy has these:

Philips - DVD Player with HD Upconversion Model: DVP3680/F7

I had one of these 5 or 6 years ago and it played AVI's off a thumb drive just fine. The specs on the best buy site says this does too:

USB Media Link for media playback from USB flash drives
The Universal Serial Bus or USB is a protocol standard that is conveniently used to link PCs, peripherals and consumer electronic equipment. With USB Media Link, all you have to do is plug in your USB device, select the movie, music or photo and play away.

$39.00 Free Shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Philips...sion/4983625.p?id=1218644449769&skuId=4983625

Back