Do I have to always manually split WMC channels?

maademperor

[H]ard|Gawd
so here is a scenario I deal with frequently with recording TV via WMC with a Ceton Infinitv 4:

So I like to record The League and Ali G every week, both come on FX, one at 10 and the other at 10:30. My recording settings are to start 3 minutes before the show starts and end 3 minutes after.

Everything schedules just fine and I have a couple of the Ceton's tuners assigned to the HTPC so one would think that the first show would record on tuner 1 and then tuner 2 would record the second show (since the first show will still be recording when the second starts at 10:27). But that is not happens. Instead tuner one records to completion (10:33) and then stops the recording and starts recording the second show which is already in progress. Apparently the tuners cannot both record the same channel at the same time?

So to combat that I have been splitting channels whenever this sort of occasion comes up (Sundays on Fox is another example) and then I still have to modify the recording and set one of the recordings in question to only record on one of the split channels and the other program on the other split channel to force the recordings to happen on the seperate tuners simultaneously.

Is this the expected behavior or should it be simpler? I feel like I have to review recordings times to make sure this works out all the time, especially when new shows come and go or get moved around the schedule. I've dealt with this for over a year and thought I might as well see if its just me using this manual workaround?

thx

This is what I do. I have them record on time, but you can keep it at 3 minutes before. But change it to stop at 5 minutes or 10 minutes. If you do 5 minutes make sure its not "when possible". Since I've done this multiple recordings on the same channel have worked better.

Back