Do I have to preorder Conroe?

miochza

Weaksauce
I'm building my own computer before college, and I will have to leave in late August. Should I preorder a E6700/E6600 now, will these processors be in general circulation in time for me to assemble my PC? I'm shooting to build it in late July/early August.

I'm in the same boat. I don't think you'll need a pre order, people are just a little too excited right now and think it's gonna sell out and be gone untill sept. I think there will be high demand, but the stocks will be replenished quickly.

if your shooting for late july and do not have a pre-order in already there is a highly high chance you wont see one till august. Thats even if the stores get them in on july 23rd.

you gotta figure end of this week is mid july late july is only 2weeks away :)
who knows how many the stores are getting?

kinda like when the amd x2's came out they were in short supply the prices went up.
im sure if you went with a e6700 over the e6600 youll have a better chance of getting one quicker as most are getting the e6600 due to it being $200+ less and very easy to overclock it above and beyond. Also the issue of motherboard as well. Do you know which one you want? or do you already have one?

Well, I don't have the mobo yet, I was thinking of the Asus P5W-DH, but I held off thinking more options would open up as the release approached.

Back