Do I have to return Crysis?

koretex

[H]ard|Gawd
Yes this is another eVGA stepup question, I have emailed them, but 2 days have gone by and I have not gotten a response so I am hoping someone here knows...

I got a g92 8800gts with the bundled Crysis and under the terms/conditions of their stepup program everything must be returned as it was bought new. Thats all fine and dandy and I am packaging everything up sunday night to get shipped back to them on Monday, but I was really hoping to keep Crysis. Since the CD key has already been registered to me it is pointless for them now so does anyone know if they are expecting to get Crysis back as well?

http://www.evga.com/stepup/default.asp?switch=2

"# The participant's trade-in video graphics adapter must be fully functional, be in its original packaging, with all CDs, and manuals, and be in resalable condition. Should these conditions not be met, the applicable value of the trade-in card will be reduced by 15%, with the difference paid by the participant in order to proceed with the Step-Up™ Process.

* An exception to this rule is if the original product came with a promotional game. This is deemed as a gift and does not need to be returned with the trade-in card. The participant will not be charged for not returning a bundled game."

Yes you have to return the game.

Nope, all games received as a result of a free game offer bundled with a video card is yours to keep.

"# The participant's trade-in video graphics adapter must be fully functional, be in its original packaging, with all CDs, and manuals, and be in resalable condition. Should these conditions not be met, the applicable value of the trade-in card will be reduced by 15%, with the difference paid by the participant in order to proceed with the Step-Up™ Process.

* An exception to this rule is if the original product came with a promotional game. This is deemed as a gift and does not need to be returned with the trade-in card. The participant will not be charged for not returning a bundled game."

No he does not, he can keep the game. There is no reason for EVGA to take the game back because its probably already been installed on his system and nobody wants a used scratched up CD that has an already activated CD key.

lol yes I know thats why I quoted the terms the OP had already read.

Sorry I must be bored

Heh, i sold both copies of crysis that came with my GTS's within a month of buying them.

Sweet! Thanks guys! I swear I read the terms they emailed me and didn't see this :)

I just got my GX2 installed from my step up, sweet. Now I can finally run star craft and counter strike source!!

Yes im an idiot for wasting so much money on a super card.

haha, I know what you mean. I've got a pretty powerful system myself, and really, the most "demanding" game I usually play is Unreal Tournament 2004.

LOL!

Back