Do i need to play more?

Mayhs

2[H]4U
well after i got oblivion i was thoroughly disappointed...unfortunately :(

ive made a pretty good fighter who worked his way upto warrior status in the fighters guild which made him go to lvl 1 to lvl 3 and ive done some quests/ adventures and now im nearly lvl 5...ive also done some of the oblivion gates which was not fun at all but rather going around randomly killing weak/petty/annoying imps! anyways, so far the game hasnt been that interesting to me...

do you think i need to play more or should i already be hooked and loosing sleep?

Thnx
Mayhs

play more, join the dark brotherhood/other guilds, do more random quests, build up your stats and level more, and you'll find more interesting things in there.....keep it up for a little while and you'll probably like it! Most of us can't get enough!

If you feel bored, follow the main quest. A lot of parts are pretty interesting and nothing is really too difficult... ;)

wtburnette said:
If you feel bored, follow the main quest. A lot of parts are pretty interesting and nothing is really too difficult... ;)

lol...the games easier than expected but when i choose what to play cs:s still seems a lot more appealing...

the combat isnt great at all (a bit sluggish) and so far the world leaves a lot to be desired....

i have to say though it mustve taken ages to make...

Mayhs said:
lol...the games easier than expected but when i choose what to play cs:s still seems a lot more appealing...

the combat isnt great at all (a bit sluggish) and so far the world leaves a lot to be desired....

i have to say though it mustve taken ages to make...

If it's a challenge you need, bring up the options and slide the difficulty slider to more difficult. That'll make things harder... ;)

Yeah, though I loved Morrowind and really like Oblivion, it's not as fun as I'd hoped. I'm still waiting for an RPG as addicting as Diablo. Morrowind was close, but no other RPG has addicted me quite the same way... :p

I got bored with Oblivion rather quickly as well.

To me, I think it's the massiveness of it and the generally slow pace of everything.

And the NPC's are frickin' annoying! Don't speak (to me) unless spoken to, NPC!! :mad:

:D

The fighters guild quests are kind of boring. The Dark Brotherhood and thieves guild quests are much better.

dotK said:
The fighters guild quests are kind of boring. The Dark Brotherhood and thieves guild quests are much better.

Agreed. Also, you say you are nearly level 5 like its an accomplishment, you haven't barely touched the game yet, I am at level 49 with over 160 hours of play time, there is a LOT to do in the game, a lot more than you have seen...

CodeX said:
Agreed. Also, you say you are nearly level 5 like its an accomplishment, you haven't barely touched the game yet, I am at level 49 with over 160 hours of play time, there is a LOT to do in the game, a lot more than you have seen...

i didnt want to make it sound like an accomplishment...i know its a petty level but when comparing it to diablo 2:lod and baldurs gate 2 shadowns of amn/tob once you have progressed 5 levels it is soo addictive! (i think the dvd drives emit nicotine or something :p ...for those games)

so what do you think i should do? play more or change character?

These games (Morrowind/Oblivion/possibly earlier ones) never had much in terms of unique characters and engaging story. Morrowind bored me to tears, no vocal dialog and every character repeating the same damn thing gave them absolutely NO personality.

Oblivion added vocal dialog which is great except they still tend to say the same things and voices are reused throughout the game. So, the unique personalities (or lack thereof) of each character still leaves a lot to be desired.

But that hasn't stopped me from playing it, it definitely has more personality than Morrowind and the combat, though still very simplistic is much improved.

I don't think the game is so much about story as it is exploration.

Play something like the Metal Gear series... sooo cinematic, unforgettable characters, enough emotion to bring you to tears. Now compare it to Oblivion... Let me tell you something I'll never forget that imperial city guard, not because he's a memorable character, but because I see his damn clones every 5 steps I take.

If they added really unique characters into this game, take the Final Fantasy games for example, and gave them each hours of unique dialog and personality, then they would actually have a chance to grow on you and the game would have some emotion to it. I realize that this is impossible to do with space constraints but one can only hope for something like that in the future...

Despite my complaints, I still love the game. Just give it some time, and do the main quest like somebody else mentioned.

...well ill try and put another hour or two into it but i think i have better things to do with my time ;) :p

thnx for the help people :)

wtburnette said:
If it's a challenge you need, bring up the options and slide the difficulty slider to more difficult. That'll make things harder... ;)

Yeah, though I loved Morrowind and really like Oblivion, it's not as fun as I'd hoped. I'm still waiting for an RPG as addicting as Diablo. Morrowind was close, but no other RPG has addicted me quite the same way... :p

When D3 comes out and it will the forums will be covered in threads about it.

rcf1987 said:
When D3 comes out and it will the forums will be covered in threads about it.

I hope so. D2 wasn't nearly as addictive for me as the original. Hopefully D3 will blow both (and everything else) away... ;)

wtburnette said:

QFT, I lost 3x years of my life to D2!

Oblivion, I thought it was fantasmic for about 40 hours. After that, I was bored and had to push myself to hit level 40(and some mods that spawned massive battles :p ) The only quests I really likes were the Dark-Brotherhoods.

^^^ wow...was the really necessary :rolleyes:

So the guy is an idiot because he formed an opinion different than others?

Not everyone is going to like every highly rated game. A lot of people didn't like Morrowind due to various reasons, and it received many game of the year awards. Some people think CS sucks yet it's leagues ahead of all other FPSs in terms of popularity. Some can't stand RTSs.

@Netrat33
Isn't there supposed to be a 'report-post' button here or something?

Anyway, it's just a matter of preference. Maybe this kind of genre just isn't for you. It's more for fantasizing and pretending you're actually living in another world (hence the customizations) at a very casual pace. This isn't about going into a preset body, picking up your sword and proceeding to kick some troll butt. That's another RPG.

We really need an official definition. Gathering WoW, Diablo, FinalFantasy, ElderScrolls, Kings Quest, etc. and lumping them together under 'RPG' is getting kinda rediculous.

hm...yeh the idea of being a thief sounds really interesting but the only part i wouldnt like is running from battles :p so i guess ill try that though...

the dungeons are so annoying though! baldurs gate 2 (amazing game) suffered from exactly the same problem...started in a dungeon, which was extremely annoying when starting new characters....

thnx for the comment silverwolf

Sly said:
We really need an official definition. Gathering WoW, Diablo, FinalFantasy, ElderScrolls, Kings Quest, etc. and lumping them together under 'RPG' is getting kinda rediculous.

Well, RPG is a good broad category, it's just that you really have to read reviews and such to make sure when you buy an RPG it's the style you like. I like a lot of RPG games (diablo, ES games, etc.) and don't like others (FF series). I'm not sure what else you'd call the genre though, personally... :p

Back