Do-It-Your self Falcon Northwest FragBox Case

Tman

Gawd
Do you work for falcon or something like it? What is point of your thread? Free promo?

There are at least 3 topics about this case, and the way you put it is just like a cheap commercial.

While that case is kind of cool, Falcon rapes people about as much as Alienware does.

I priced out my exact system on Falcons site, and it came up at $5900 vs. the sub 4K price I achieved for it. That's 4K if I paid retail for everything including my monitor, mouse, eluminX keyboard and all my other misc accessories. Which of course I didn't and wouldn't have.

Think I might get one, and see if I can cut the front face plate out and make my own front.
The price sux! and I priced out the componants I want in it and save about a grand if I do it myself. I do like the room inside the case. I am cramming alot into my SFF. If I get it it will be next month I am sure, I'll post pics then.

Sir-Fragalot said:
While that case is kind of cool, Falcon rapes people about as much as Alienware does.

I priced out my exact system on Falcons site, and it came up at $5900 vs. the sub 4K price I achieved for it. That's 4K if I paid retail for everything including my monitor, mouse, eluminX keyboard and all my other misc accessories. Which of course I didn't and wouldn't have.

Noticed you have a few parts on the way... Where did you order your MB from?

Thanks,

J...

this case looks nice..for the great price of 300 dollers!...thats way too much for this case...but i do like the fasct that there is a case and you can use a atx PSU....

but again...alot of money... :rolleyes:

mine comes this tusday i went hog wild and got the PSU(which i am going to return) and the fragbag plus 60 for shipped total of 566clams all worth i think

I wonder how Normal sized ATX PSU wires would be in that case. I am going to buy one and I dont know if I should shell out the dough for their PSU.

fb5.jpg

dont be talkin' sheet y0....

So its a $300 case? not even barebones?

Im not going to justify the add by clicking on it.

Well, its a silverstone case, so its gonna be expensive, less the lascala series. Its very similar in material to the temjin series, the ones that retail at 250$ and up. but its obviously smaller, so heres what i figure....

290$ for the full tower..... 220$ for this shoebox type of deal. add ont he FNW markup for their laser etching and just being FNW, thats about 80$. I bet if silverstone OEM'd or retailed this case it would be at 200$, so 299$ seems about fair coming from FNW.

I am ordering one in a week. Tax $. Did you have any trouble getting your own PS in it? Or did you order it with FNW's power supply?

FullMetal said:
I am ordering one in a week. Tax $. Did you have any trouble getting your own PS in it? Or did you order it with FNW's power supply?

I used a modular PSU so i can add/remove as many wires as i want. best idea ive had yet with this case ;)

Mine just came!!!!! WORTH EVERY PENNY!!! This thing is the most solid well build case i have ever owned (i have owned alot of cases).I got the PSU and wow this thing is awesome sleeving job is fantastic!!! in case anyone is wondering the PSU is 12v=16A 12v=15A and the 5v is something like 45A it's 24pin has PCI-e graphics power! ill get pics later.

-incomudro

Do you work for falcon-nw? if you don't, I wouldn't hot-link that picture here.

Dillusion said:
290$ for the full tower..... 220$ for this shoebox type of deal. add ont he FNW markup for their laser etching and just being FNW, thats about 80$. I bet if silverstone OEM'd or retailed this case it would be at 200$, so 299$ seems about fair coming from FNW.

I thought it was agreed that the etch was a bit dumb anyway.

I just feel that $300 is so insanely expensive for a freakin case. The only reason mine was $200 is because it came with motherboard and psu.

So does anyone realise they could build one themselvs for pennies on the dollar to that one, and have it look exactly how you want? looks like the balls in the [H]ardforums have been replaced with a fat wallet.

In its defense I guess there just isn't much competition in the well designed matx cube market.

Pherret said:
I thought it was agreed that the etch was a bit dumb anyway.

I just feel that $300 is so insanely expensive for a freakin case. The only reason mine was $200 is because it came with motherboard and psu.

So does anyone realise they could build one themselvs for pennies on the dollar to that one, and have it look exactly how you want? looks like the balls in the [H]ardforums have been replaced with a fat wallet.

In its defense I guess there just isn't much competition in the well designed matx cube market.

IMHO having the skull thing is much better than the eagle, but thats just me, to each their own. yes im sure many people realise you can build something for an equal or lesser price, but not everyone has the time and/or effort, those factor in along with money, too. Same goes for anything else in life, why buy a house when you can build it yourself? Why buy a car when a shelby kit-car can be made yourself, same rules apply, though on a bigger scale.

And your right, there isnt much competition, but people are willing to fork out whats needed to get the best of the best, and what looks superior in their opinion, which happens to be this case to many. And 300$ isnt so bad for a case, albeit it has a small 'form factor' but there are many other cases in the 250-300$ range that would make you wonder what makes them worth it.

Dillusion said:
IMHO having the skull thing is much better than the eagle, but thats just me, to each their own. yes im sure many people realise you can build something for an equal or lesser price, but not everyone has the time and/or effort, those factor in along with money, too. Same goes for anything else in life, why buy a house when you can build it yourself? Why buy a car when a shelby kit-car can be made yourself, same rules apply, though on a bigger scale.

And your right, there isnt much competition, but people are willing to fork out whats needed to get the best of the best, and what looks superior in their opinion, which happens to be this case to many. And 300$ isnt so bad for a case, albeit it has a small 'form factor' but there are many other cases in the 250-300$ range that would make you wonder what makes them worth it.
i agree..

Dillusion said:

scull owns......:) besides i have the eagel on the fragbag! :) pics one i get my mobo....

But would you pay $300,000 for a $100,000 home because it had fresh paint and some fancy trimmings? Thats my argument.

To me any case over $100 is overpriced. Please save the "but is it worth paying so little for what is holding your expensive equipment." Any case over $50 will protect your parts just as well and just might look good too.

I very much like the bold simplicity of brands such as high end silverstone and lian li, but one look at the price tag and I giggle as I walk away.

It appears that FNW will be making them with the falcon etch also, but maybe not on the DIY version?

Pherret said:
But would you pay $300,000 for a $100,000 home because it had fresh paint and some fancy trimmings? Thats my argument.

To me any case over $100 is overpriced. Please save the "but is it worth paying so little for what is holding your expensive equipment." Any case over $50 will protect your parts just as well and just might look good too.

I very much like the bold simplicity of brands such as high end silverstone and lian li, but one look at the price tag and I giggle as I walk away.

It appears that FNW will be making them with the falcon etch also, but maybe not on the DIY version?
I guess you just wont know how great this case is and worth it, until you buy your own.......i didnt understand it but now i do.....DAMN THIS THING IS AWESOME

Both logos are overbearing, the FNW logo is too busy and the skull looks like a kids anime drawing.
Case may be rooming, but I consider the prebuilt rice factor before throwing down $300 on an enlarged shoebox.

Well thats your opinion good sir and I respect it :)
In my humble opinion I feel that the case is beautiful. I think without the skull it just wouldnt look right. Overall I like it of cource the price is a major turn off but its like everything in the Computer world Expenisve. I am working towards one of these babys for myself.

incomudro said:
I guess you just wont know how great this case is and worth it, until you buy your own.......i didnt understand it but now i do.....DAMN THIS THING IS AWESOME
Pic's! :D

pic tomm cos my camera batt is coming .........on thing i would warn to people is the PSU falcon offers is pretty loud but if you dont care about noise good for you

Neener neener, take advantage of it being able to take full ATX PSU's! I got a modular so i can eliminate excess wires, and it has 3 modes for the fans, Turbo, Auto, and Silent. With the PSU on silent mode i cant hear the computer at all and my bed is 3 feet away. its dead silent.

I ordered it. No PSU. Should be here in a few days. What motherboard did you guys put in it?
I want a AMD 64 MB. I thought about putting a MSI u-ATX MB in it. I am worried about what will fit in it. Looks like the Asus SLi will not fit. I dunno.......

ATX mobos will not fit, only mATX, but it will take ATX PSU's. Gigabyte, MSi, DFI- All have S754/AGP8X mATX mobos based ont he K8M800 Chipset. Foxconn has S939/PCI-E mATX boards with NF4, and MSi has the mATX S939/PCI-E ATi Xpress200 board. I Went with the MSI/Xpress200, great combo.

Fragbox-II Chassis W/Fragbox Logo

Known issues with this configuration: None

Sub Total: $ 299.00
Tax: $ 0.00
Shipping $ 68.40
-----------------------
Grand Total: $ 367.40

This thing better be ass kicking awesome!

I'll put the MSI PCI-E MB in it. AMD 3500.
1 GB ram ect.....6600GT card More than likely.

I can not wait to start this project. I am bored! Been building nothing.......need more parts.....so I did 2 day fedex.

Back