Do You Open All Your Parts?

Do You Open All Your New Parts?

• Heck yes, I've gotta have my hands on those babies ASAP!

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • Nope, if I don't need them I'll set them aside until I do.

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

madmat

2[H]4U
Simple, when you get new parts do you rip them open to play with them and fondle them even if you have no pressing need to use them or do you set them aside until they're needed?

open them asap. e.g. when i got my new mx 518 from tigerdirect and had to wait in the car for my sister who was shopping at kohls, i opened that thing up just to see the feel of it :cool:

I usually don't get parts unless I plan to use them in the immediate (<24 hours) future. So yes, I cradle and hug them. Except in the case of my old FX5200, which I threw off the cliff at Point Pleasant after using it for about an hour.

I'm the same way, I bought a UV CCFL in Ft Smith which was about 80 miles from where I was living at the time and I pulled it out of the package and just messed with it while we were in town then all the way home.

Thank god I wasn't driving...

If I buy parts in a B&M I'll have them out of the box and be tinkering with them before I'm out of the door.

I was building a projector, got all my parts, examined them and whatnot, then set them aside. Bought my LCD monitor. Bought the materials for the housing of the projector. Disassembled the LCD, and ended up never getting it built. So now I have a stripped LCD, about $200 worth of lighting equipment, and a pile of worthless wood. I've had to take special care to not crack the LCD or damage any of the other equipment.

The lesson here: Don't open something until you're ready to use it.

I love looking at my hardware the instant it comes in, examining it, holding it, etc. I open it straight away!

Im guilty of the instant-open too :D , just cant wait to get the feel of the parts in my hands :D

New parts is like new toys when youw ere little. Each new UPS or Fedex package i get is like a little christmas day for a few hours until it gets closed up inside the case ;)

Back