Do you own a CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD or CP1350AVRLCD?

unimatrixzer0

Limp Gawd
Do you own a CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD or CCP1350AVRLCD? I'm trying to see how long a router drawing around 5 watts or the Verizon Fios battery back up unit which draws I think 15 watts from what I read would run for.

It's either one of those UPS's or this thing.

http://www.amazon.com/Duracell-DPP-...HMWK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299435383&sr=8-1

For instance on that thing it's estimated a device using 5 watts will run for 35hrs.

We lose power during wind, rain and snow. Now that I'm set on getting a tablet or some kind I'd like to be able to use the internet while the powers out.

Thanks.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I doubt a router would only draw 5 watts. Regardless, UPS's aren't really designed with such low wattage use in mind so i really doubt there will be ANY useful information anywhere about how long they would last with such a light load. How long do you really want the power to last? 35 hours seems a bit extreme...

I have the 860watt UPS from cyberpower on both my 42" LCD/cable box/xbox 360/logitech z680 speakers. and it ran for 45+- minutes.

I also have the 860w UPS on my 32"LCD/cable box, router and it ran for about 1 hour +-.

When I lose power it's usually atleast for 48 hours at a time, so that's why I'm looking for those kind of run times. I googled it somewhere that a linksys wrt54g draws around 5 watts, info could've been wrong. It said they used one of those kill-a-watt things to check.

Ideally I'd buy two UPS's of some kind. 1 to power the Fios BBU in the basement and then one to power the Fios Modem upstairs.

Since that's all I'm looking to power a generator wouldn't be ideal in my situation.

Last edited:
If you're really needing to have a UPS that lasts for up to 48 hours, you'll need to build your own. It's easy. Get a 12v 35Ah deep cycle battery. It'll run you about $55-75. Get any sort of 12v battery trickle charger. $12-20 on ebay. Add sine wave inverter for about $45-60.

Keep the battery on the trickle charger when you have power. If you hit an outage, just attach the inverter and plug in your crucial hardware. If you really are only using 5w, this will last you for a couple of days. If you want to last longer, get a battery with a higher Ah rating or add more batteries in parallel, red to red, black to black.

If you want to have it up and running all the time, spend a little more on the charger and you'll have a double conversion power system. Basically you can run your stuff off of the battery 24/7 as long as you charge as quickly as you discharge, and when the power goes out, you'll never know it. The charger will shut down, but the inverter will keep on supplying power until the battery level drops. This is somewhat wasteful though. You're losing power in the charger and the inverter so you'll use more electricity, but if you want to make sure you never lose power, that's the best way.

Better yet, get the deep cycle battery but skip the double conversion of an inverter/wall wart. Just use/design a DC voltage regulator straight off the battery that supplies the proper DC voltage to the gizmo in question. Build the DC voltage supply first, verify it works, measure the current draw, buy proper size of battery to give run time required. The only other part needed is a simple low current battery charger. You might even be able to extend run time by adding a solar panel in parallel with the battery charger.

Back