DOD:Source comes out today right?

[Fate]Doom said:
I did becuase I wanted something tangible for my money. Stuff like a manual, artwork, CDs, and not just data over the interweb.

I know alot of people who are gonna be upset. :(

no offense, but the time to be upset was a year ago when they announced what would be in each package.

Hey pandora's box exactly what do you mean by "smooth"? How many FPS do you get on those settings?

All I know is I get 38fps max with 2xAA, 4xAF, Full HDR @ 1280x1024/32 I have very minimal system resourcing running in the backround when im gaming I even turn off ZoneAlarm...and only have 19 running process in XP and only using 145mb of ram on idle. I don't know about you but I don't consider 30fps as "smooth" so I decided to turn off AA and leave the rest how it was and went up to about 50fps up to 75fps never dipping lower than 30fps without AA. My vidoecard is slightly overclocked using Ati Tool. Because running DOD:S with 4xaa, 16xaf in that res with full hdr is insane. I have the new 5.9s Cats.

Mikey20 said:
Hey pandora's box exactly what do you mean by "smooth"? How many FPS do you get on those settings?

All I know is I get 38fps max with 2xAA, 4xAF, Full HDR @ 1280x1024/32 I have very minimal system resourcing running in the backround when im gaming I even turn off ZoneAlarm...and only have 19 running process in XP and only using 145mb of ram on idle. I don't know about you but I don't consider 30fps as "smooth" so I decided to turn off AA and leave the rest how it was and went up to about 50fps up to 75fps never dipping lower than 30fps without AA. My vidoecard is slightly overclocked using Ati Tool. Because running DOD:S with 4xaa, 16xaf in that res with full hdr is insane. I have the new 5.9s Cats.

As you can see in my post, I'm on a bit beefier a system ;). Didn't check frames yet, but it was butter-smooth (no framerate dips noticable, and unless it's above 45-50, I notice choppiness).

MY SYSTEM:

AMD X2 3800+ CPU @ 2.7ghz/core
Shuttle SN25P Chasis/Motherboard/PSU
2GB Crucial "Value" RAM @ 225mhz 3-3-3-10
eVGA Nvidia 7800GT @ 485/1160 core/mem
1x Maxtor MaxLine III 7L300S0 HDD (Native SATA, NCQ)
Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD Monitor
NEC 3540A DVD+/-RW DL, 16x DVD burner

GoldenTiger said:
As you can see in my post, I'm on a bit beefier a system ;). Didn't check frames yet, but it was butter-smooth (no framerate dips noticable, and unless it's above 45-50, I notice choppiness).

Are you pandora's box? He has a simlar system as me except my cpu is faster, I wanted to know exactly how many fps he was getting. net_graph 3 in console to check.

Just got done playing for an hour or so. Really fun. I'ts just really hard to find a server that isn't full right now. Runs great on my system in sig @ 1600x1200 w/ 2xaa 8xaf and hdr on runs around 40-50fps.

Mikey20 said:
Are you pandora's box? He has a simlar system as me except my cpu is faster, I wanted to know exactly how many fps he was getting. net_graph 3 in console to check.

No, I'm not. I was just saying that being "smooth" on whatever system he has (I have sig's turned off) definitely wasn't impossible if it was a heavy-duty one.

GoldenTiger said:
No, I'm not. I was just saying that being "smooth" on whatever system he has (I have sig's turned off) definitely wasn't impossible if it was a heavy-duty one.

Oh, well I mean I have a pretty decent system don't you think? Also I can't stand having Vsync off I can't stand the choppyness effect. So I leave Vsync ON and get max 75fps which is absolutely great in my opinion I really can't tell the difference above 75fps I tryed turning off vsync and get about 180fps and its about the same as 75fps in my opinion.

well i got on a server for a few rounds and it plays great
getting 40 to 60 FPS at maxed settings Full HDR and 4xAA and 8xAF @ 1280x1240
dont know how but Valve found a way to make HDR and AA work at the same time looks great no lag but now im getting "Game unavable please try later" when i try and launch it grrrr oh well

edit yes the fps i siad sounds low but its vert smooth play dont know now but with out a fps counter on id never be able to tell it wasnt 60 or better

Elios said:
well i got on a server for a few rounds and it plays great
getting 40 to 60 FPS at maxed settings Full HDR and 4xAA and 8xAF @ 1280x1240
dont know how but Valve found a way to make HDR and AA work at the same time looks great no lag but now im getting "Game unavable please try later" when i try and launch it grrrr oh well

edit yes the fps i siad sounds low but its vert smooth play dont know now but with out a fps counter on id never be able to tell it wasnt 60 or better

Hmm i wonder why I get a steady 34fps with 2xAA, 4xAF @ 1280x1024, Full HDR....and you get 40-60fps at 4xAA, 8xAF @ the same resolution.....and I have a better system overall than you.....the videocards could be arguable but even my clocks are higher...i don't understand why I have to set my settings to No AA, 4xAF @ 1280x1024 Full HDR to get a steady 50fps to 75fps ..... is it that Nvidia cards handle HDR better than Ati?

*OOPS I didn't see that you had a athlon64 I overlooked that part i thought it was an XP that could have allot to do with your fps..

According to the Steam forums, despite already having the superior AI technology in CS:S, there will not be bots for DOD until a later release, if ever.

No bots, no sale, Valve. Suck it hard.

Mikey20 said:
Oh, well I mean I have a pretty decent system don't you think? Also I can't stand having Vsync off I can't stand the choppyness effect. So I leave Vsync ON and get max 75fps which is absolutely great in my opinion I really can't tell the difference above 75fps I tryed turning off vsync and get about 180fps and its about the same as 75fps in my opinion.

Sigs are off, what is it :)? Also it may be good, but a 7800GT @ GTX+ speeds beats it by a lot ;).

average around 45-50fps. 1280x1024 4xaa 16xaf full hdr.

edit: using catalyst 5.10's with CCC

is the game like CS:Source but with a WWII theme??? how big are the maps?? any vehicles?? etc..

after spending $80 on the Collectors Edition which i was certain was the equivalent of at least a silver package considering it came with all the games that the Silver got, i am not gonna spend another $20 on DOD:Source. There is no way im spending $100 on something that others payed $60 for. I too am washing my hands of Valve/Steam, never again. This is what happens when they start this Steam crap, people are unsure of exactly what they are buying. For god sakes, make it retail, make it downloadable, but dont make a dozen packages to confuse people. Cya Valve/Steam, i wont miss your bs...

do u return ur vehicle when a recall happens, obviously the ones who say they are goin to wash theyre hands of valve or anything like that jus shows the maturity comon guys grow up, and or get mommy to give u the extra $20 to buy.

ive been playing some more the last 30mins and OMG its the SHI7!!!

Budwise said:
after spending $80 on the Collectors Edition which i was certain was the equivalent of at least a silver package considering it came with all the games that the Silver got, i am not gonna spend another $20 on DOD:Source. There is no way im spending $100 on something that others payed $60 for. I too am washing my hands of Valve/Steam, never again. This is what happens when they start this Steam crap, people are unsure of exactly what they are buying. For god sakes, make it retail, make it downloadable, but dont make a dozen packages to confuse people. Cya Valve/Steam, i wont miss your bs...
\

That makes two of us. Just removed Steam. Bye Bye Valve.

The CoD2 demo is a good distraction anyway.

I have nothing to say but do a little research and read the box before you buy something.

GoldenTiger said:
I have nothing to say but do a little research and read the box before you buy something.

yea, why blame valve for being an unwise consumer.

Bo_Bice said:
yea, why blame valve for being an unwise consumer.

Nothing unwise about it. I refuse to pay $20 for a game that others who may have spent less than me are getting for free. I bought the Gold Edition and am getting screwed because I didn't use thier preferred service.

Its not being a poor consumer. Its being a smart consumer that sees what bad business is.

[Fate]Doom said:
\

That makes two of us. Just removed Steam. Bye Bye Valve.

The CoD2 demo is a good distraction anyway.

Well, that's one less person on the servers :p ;)

Sorry, could't resist

Well it runs great. Happy about that. It's a twitchfest with WWII weapons, and cramped maps with maybe 2 choke points. Pretty much CS:S but with WWII weaps, and no waiting around to spawn.

The HDR effects are impressive I gotta say. Sound effects are pretty good. Directional sound could be better.

ninethreeeleven said:
Is there a ingame fps meter? I don't feel like running FRAPS in the background.

Whats the console command?

net_graph 3 (for a net stats graph with fps)

cl_showfps 1 (for just framerate meter, harder to read)

[Fate]Doom said:
Nothing unwise about it. I refuse to pay $20 for a game that others who may have spent less than me are getting for free. I bought the Gold Edition and am getting screwed because I didn't use thier preferred service.

Its not being a poor consumer. Its being a smart consumer that sees what bad business is.

You're the one who chose what package you bought, not Valve.

Thanks. I get low fps, shockingly low with my hardware. Around 40 with 3700+ and a X850XTPE.
With HDR I get a bit lower but its really not my taste. Seems rushed or something. Its superbright then as you get closer it gets a better shade.
I also don't see alot of the stuff I could normally see (like the machine gun flash). It only lasts the first couple of bullets and goes away with HDR on. I don't think my card is supposed to be able to handle it, and since I don't care for it it's no real loss.

Now how about that recoil with the machine gun! Holy shit! I went crazy the first few times. Shooting the ceiling is hilarious. But its more hilarious to see guys running around with it?! There is no way they could drop, open it up and then shoot me before I could shoot them with my handgun.

I don't know how I feel about this game. I am used to BF2 and this seems smaller, alot smaller. I know its sort of apples to oranges but this is pretty much CS:S with WW2 uniforms. I didn't care for CS:S, too much crap associated with it. Hopefully that crap won't come into this game.

Budwise said:

Agreed. I like HL and HL2 and bought the CE. Not going to give more money for the same packages but getting "penalized" wanting to buy it retail. But then again I don't really care about CS:S so I doubt I care about DoD:S I just want to see Lost coast :p

*Source HDR mostly*

www.hardgaming.com has a server up....

Just needs peeps to come play on it...

69.56.175.164:27025

theres the IP...

Just wish the Map Caen was in this release..that map was the best back in the .8-.9 days..

that initial HL2 coupon i got with my 9800XT many moons ago and then dishen out 10 bucks for the silver package has really paid off long term ..thanks Valve!

..anyways , I tried DOD:S and ..well ...I thought I sucked royally at CS:S ..times that by 10 and thats how good I can play DOD...

The recoil on some of the guns is insane (to me anyways being used to CS:S's recoil)

I think it looks pretty good and the sounds are pretty cool ..I will be glad when vsync is fixed when SLI is enabled tho .... :)

well, I don't have DOD:S yet.. I have the ati coupon cd key and I need to pay 10 bucks through steam to get dod:s... cheap!

Anyways before I took my dad's mastercard and bought it... I had a little demo of my own with emporio :p ;) anyways.. I ran it at 1280x1024 full HDR 4xAA 16xAF and to my surprise.. it actually ran smooth... wow... I was expecting performance like in far cry... at the same settings everything maxed out ill get 30's in farcry with HDR hehe but this is AA and HDR and I average 50-60 SWEET

Well at least DOD:S works for me while CS:S is borked. Valve isn't all bad I guess.

valve forgot something in dod:s %n crashes the game. they fixed this on cs:source but apparently have forgotten it in dod:s.

aZn_plyR said:
well, I don't have DOD:S yet.. I have the ati coupon cd key and I need to pay 10 bucks through steam to get dod:s... cheap!

Anyways before I took my dad's mastercard and bought it... I had a little demo of my own with emporio :p ;) anyways.. I ran it at 1280x1024 full HDR 4xAA 16xAF and to my surprise.. it actually ran smooth... wow... I was expecting performance like in far cry... at the same settings everything maxed out ill get 30's in farcry with HDR hehe but this is AA and HDR and I average 50-60 SWEET

farcry didnt have a true hdr implementation. it was somewhat implemented to show off

I'm pretty impressed with the game so far. I'm on a laptop, so I can't comment about HDR and all those other pretty touches, but I'm glad to see that weapon accuracy and lag has been improved. Avalanche is about the only good map available, though. The rest are just terrible (and they were terrible in the original DoD, so it's not Source's fault.) Here's hoping they get a version of dod_forest out the door ASAP.

Well, three cheers for valve's implementation of HDR. 1920*1200, (2xAA/8x aniso) the return of AA yay!, and everything on high with a single GTX? Yes, please. :)

My single GTX is sporting that res in all my games but in games like FEAR with the features like softshadows and so on I have to turn it off, HDR has to go even in the SS2 demo, I need my other settings on high not one thing for like -30% performance, but here I get my cake and eat it too.

GoldenTiger said:
Sigs are off, what is it :)? Also it may be good, but a 7800GT @ GTX+ speeds beats it by a lot ;).

ntel Pentium 4 2.8Ghz HT
Biostar P4TSV 800MHz FSB 865G/ICH5 Chipsest
1gig PC3200 DDR400 2 x 512 Corsair XMS TwinX Dual Channel Memory 2-3-2 (1024mb)
120Gig 7200rpm ATA-133
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
Ati Radeon X800 XT 256MB (537/1166) Cat 5.9s dvr
Windows XP Home SP2

Back