Does a 30" monitor uses a regular DVI cable?

Tai

Gawd
Does a 30" monitor uses a regular DVI cable as other monitor?

Does what 30" monitor compared to what other monitor?

The DVI cable will probably have more pins (sorry dont know terminology) but will fit a standard DVI port on a dual-link video card.

Dual-link is required for native resolutions on the 30".

single-dvi.jpg

There, a picture says it all.

You will need to use the DVI cord that comes with the 30" monitor or one that is made for dual-link.

I just acquire a 30" monitor but it didn't come with any cables so I'm using the DVI cable I have now and it doesn't work. Shouldn't it display whatever resolution I have running?

Edit: I'm also running it on a 8300 GS which I know it doesn't support DUAL Link DVI but it should still display the highest resolution it could support.

Dual Link DVI is a single cable that has more pins than a normal one to have enough bandwidth to output 2560x1600 @ 60Hz.

Would it display a lower resolution if I don't use a dual link?

Would it display a lower resolution if I don't use a dual link?
It depends on the monitor you have, but in general you should get a picture even with a single-link cable. All of them should support at least 1280x800 with a single link.

The 3007WFP-HC should support 1280x800 when using a single-link DVI connection. Things to try are using a different cable, video card or on another computer.

So you're running at 1280x800 on a 30in monitor that looks awful compared to what it can look like.

No, I went out and bought a video card and a dual link cable. it's SWEET!!!

Back