Does anyone know if...

Geekling

Limp Gawd
Do they make a Motherboard for a AMD 64bit 3500+ (socket 939) that will fit in a shuttle case? I would like that and my 6800 ultra into a smaller case.

Im not sure about the video card, but that CPU will definately go in a Shuttle SN95G5.

There are 2 upcomming xpc's that are also going to be released that will take that cpu:
SN25P (nForce4)
ST20G5 (ati RS480)

Yes the CPU will fit, but the card will only fit if its a 1-slot cooling (As in, it wont take up more then 1 slot with the cooling and all)

Shuttle cases are propreitery designed and built, so only Shuttles motherboards will work and fit inside them.

Oh woops. I thought he meant if shuttle made a case with a socket 939 mobo. Well yes they do The SN95G5.

You can purchase Shuttle Barebone's units from NewEgg or ExcaliberPC or any other online retailer. Go with whichever you feel comfortable with. Look on Shuttles site to find the specific model for your needs and then find the best price. For a socket 939 setup, take a looks at the SN95G or as suggested earlier, wait for the SN25P.

-E

I already have a AMD 3500+ and a 6800 ultra. I just want it in a smaller case.

The case and mobo are kinda high. Maybe I should wait?

There's really nothing you can do about the price right now, if you want a smaller case. Your only alternative is an MSI RS480M2 (www.monarchcomputer.com) & mATX case and that's still going to run you at least $200. I'd probably go with either the Inwin, CasEdge or ARIA. Go check out the listings on Newegg, I really can't vouch for the PSU on anything but the ARIA.

Also as has been said, a two slot card like that EVGA Ultra isn't giong to fit in a Shuttle case.

Geekling said:
I already have a AMD 3500+ and a 6800 ultra. I just want it in a smaller case.
No matter what, smaller case means an m-ATX motherboard, so both are required. Since Shuttle sell's their barebone's models to include the heatpipe "ICE" cooler, you have to pay for the whole package for that solution. Or, you choose your own m-ATX motherboard and buy one of the three cases Sleepeeg3 suggested. Cost will always be a factor, and your choices for motherboards will be a bit limited. You will end up paying more for the SFF setup just because there isn't a lot of selection though demand seems to be increasing. More of my clients are requesting systems that have a smaller footprint.

-E

do u want a shuttle barebone xpc or an actual mobo to go into an atx case?

Back