Does anyone sell painted cases?

inscape01

Limp Gawd
Do any of you guys sell painted cases? I see big system builders charge $300 to paint a case, so I figure people may pay for a painted case. Although people who build their own pc's may paint their case themselves. Also, anyone paint cases indoors like in an extra bedroom? I live in an apartment so I have no garage and too much crap is in the air on the balcony. I figure with enough ventilation it should be fine.

I wouldnt use aresol cans inside, but maybe a good airbrush. They would be way too much overspray with rattle cans. I know Directon.com will do custom airbrushing for like 170.

Joni Nitro said:
I wouldnt use aresol cans inside, but maybe a good airbrush. They would be way too much overspray with rattle cans. I know Directon.com will do custom airbrushing for like 170.

Thanks for the tip. Powder coating the chasis would be cool, I have an oven... hmmm... :eek:

300.00? You can get a whole car painted for that price... Hey... Maybe...

Its worth a shot. Could call up someone like maaco and ask them what they would charge to paint a case, cant imagine it would be much, if you did most of the prep-work yourself.

Falcon NW charges $545 for a single color and $1195 for a flag. Although it's painted by someone with 20 yrs experience with 10 layers of paint and baked for a single color job. Then again they charge $1,465 to upgrade an A64 3500 to an FX-60 even though the proc alone is just over $1k and $188 to upgrade an 80 gig HD to a 74 gig raptor even though a raptor is $130 AR. Damn they're a ripoff yet soo popular.

bob said:
300.00? You can get a whole car painted for that price... Hey... Maybe...

Its worth a shot. Could call up someone like maaco and ask them what they would charge to paint a case, cant imagine it would be much, if you did most of the prep-work yourself.

I think $300 is high also but don't compare maaco prices to anything. Maaco paintjobs are awful and the lowest end of the paint food chain. $300 on a computer would probably be a complete mirror (show) quality finish if I did it.

There is more work than meets the eye when it comes to painting cases so when someone quotes you around $100-150 for a regular paint job, that's a steal. The paint and materials take up quite a bit of that price.

im painting my case a gloss black mirror effect (or at least im hoping it turns out like that)

I live in a small house with parents (only 17 u see) and have no space what so ever to do it outside due to a kitchen extension and large shed occupying the space and the front (well my mum doesn't want her flowers gloss black) so that was no good. Then i went in the cellar (COLD) opened the window wide, brought ma heater down, turned it to the max, set up a painting booth made of milk crates and card board boxes and im using this space.

AY786 said:
im painting my case a gloss black mirror effect (or at least im hoping it turns out like that)

I live in a small house with parents (only 17 u see) and have no space what so ever to do it outside due to a kitchen extension and large shed occupying the space and the front (well my mum doesn't want her flowers gloss black) so that was no good. Then i went in the cellar (COLD) opened the window wide, brought ma heater down, turned it to the max, set up a painting booth made of milk crates and card board boxes and im using this space.

Hmm, what paint are you using? I can only get ahold of cheapo paint, 'real' paint you supposedly need a liscense for. Although the cheap 2 part paint I can get is many times better than spray-paint, 40.00 a quart :(.

Just make sure you ventilate the area good and wear a resiprator of some type.

bob said:
Hmm, what paint are you using? I can only get ahold of cheapo paint, 'real' paint you supposedly need a liscense for. Although the cheap 2 part paint I can get is many times better than spray-paint, 40.00 a quart :(.

Just make sure you ventilate the area good and wear a resiprator of some type.

Paint varies on cost. Brand name has a lot to do with price. I can't stress enough that painting in any home, apartment, or empty room is a bad idea. Overspray gets everywhere, including your body. If you end up spending in the hundreds just to get the paint, booth setup, and tools...you might as well just give it to someone who does it for a living. It'd cost you the same and it'd come out perfect. That is figuring this is a one time deal. If you're looking to learn that's another story.

I am not sure if you were kidding, but never use an oven that is intended for food use for powdercoating. It gives off vapors that can make you sick and cause cancer, but then again what doesnt cause cancer these days.

Check around where you live I am sure you could find someone to paint this fairly cheap. Check with body shops, a lot of times they have left over paint from previous jobs and can paint what you have while they are doing another job.

Sorry about that Qtip. I thought it was a ok to mention, beings how their selling those delrin water resoirvors in a thread. ????????

Qtip42 said:
I think $300 is high also but don't compare maaco prices to anything. Maaco paintjobs are awful and the lowest end of the paint food chain. $300 on a computer would probably be a complete mirror (show) quality finish if I did it.

There is more work than meets the eye when it comes to painting cases so when someone quotes you around $100-150 for a regular paint job, that's a steal. The paint and materials take up quite a bit of that price.

maaco paint jobs do suck, even their higher end ones.

$BangforThe$ said:
Sorry about that Qtip. I thought it was a ok to mention, beings how their selling those delrin water resoirvors in a thread. ????????

No prob.....but do point me to the other thread :D

Back