Does Costco carry version A02 Dell 2007wfps

BMWlover

Limp Gawd
I will be buying a new moniter soon and like costco's return policy, I am wondering if costco stocks and ships only the revised moniters with banding fixed. I know Dell only ships newer vesions but I am worried about getting a older one from costco. Thanks

BMWlover said:
I will be buying a new moniter soon and like costco's return policy, I am wondering if costco stocks and ships only the revised moniters with banding fixed. I know Dell only ships newer vesions but I am worried about getting a older one from costco. Thanks
my 2 local costco's do not carry them - they are only available online, however Dell Home has a deal which showed up today:

2007FPW
20 in Dell 2007FPW Ultrasharp™ Flat Panel Monitor Wide
Update Total $459.00
Dell Home Customers: Save 20% off this Dell Flat Panel Monitor!
- $91.80

$367.20 Shipped

Great deal, but I'd just like to know which panel I'd be getting.

If you're buying from costco your pretty much buying from dell while costco acts like a middle men. At less thats what happen to me.

I ordered the 2407 from CostCo in Canada online. I haven't yet received it, but from talking with Dell it sounds like it will be shipped directly from Dell in Austin.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like Dell is necessarily sending only A02, so it may be luck of the draw. You are probably likely to get A01 or A02, which both essentially have the banding problem fixed, though you could get one of the A00 duds. That said, through costco it's really easy to return it. You can also get Dell to send you an A02 through 'Dell-ChrisM' on the Dell forums:
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=dim_monitor&message.id=57101

If you do this, you can still hold on to your old monitor while you wait for the new one to arrive, so you aren't stuck with nothing. (I'm not exactly sure how this works if you go through CostCo, but I imagine it's fine).

Thanks, it seems like I will just have to take my chances which look like I will be getting a fixed moniter.

just spoke with a Dell rep. Regarding the panel revisions on new shipping displays, their answer was:

5:12:04 PM CU_Rep_Caroline With regards to that. We have limited information of that yet and it needs to go through a forum to have a complete detail of that.
5:12:41 PM You so there's no way to tell if this issue is resolved with the shipping displays?
5:12:53 PM CU_Rep_Caroline No. Not yet.
5:13:01 PM CU_Rep_Caroline Is there anything else I can help you with regarding your concern?
5:13:21 PM You Thanks no. You answered my question.

Back