Does DFI Ultra-D support Corsair memory

dbaldus

Gawd
I have heard that the DFI Ultra-D mobo does NOT support Corsair memory. Is this true?

I'm planning on buying it but don't want to end up not being able to run my TWINX1024-3200C2PRO memory (its the ones with the LEDs on it). Anyone have any experience with this? Need to know to make my decision...

i've help my friend build their rig with TWINX-LLPRO,VS , KVR, patriot, and using micron myself and they're all works fine.. i'm sure yours will too

i think the memory compatibility issue on ultra d is a little bit overrated..just a thought :D

It's not a matter of support. For whatever reason, and I believe this has been fixed with BIOS updates, the board and Corsair XMS didn't play together all that well. However, this has been over a year ago, and if DFI hasn't fixed it by now, it's safe to say that it's not going to be.

Master [H] said:
It's not a matter of support. For whatever reason, and I believe this has been fixed with BIOS updates, the board and Corsair XMS didn't play together all that well. However, this has been over a year ago, and if DFI hasn't fixed it by now, it's safe to say that it's not going to be.

Can I get a confirmation from anyone that this issue has been fixed with BIOS updates? If it hasn't, then I believe you're right that it will never be, which would mean that I'm going to have to pass on this board.

Otherwise, I'm getting it.

I've never had a problem, but i'm using older BH-5 revision RAM. Corsair XMS Platinum 3500 LL v1.1

I bought my board early this summer

you will be fine.i built 2 systems last month with the ultra d and and 1 customer had 2/512 sticks of corsair xms 3200c2 ram.all i had to do was set the timings manually.3,3,3,7 1T.it o/clocked to 250 htt 1 to 1 with the cpu.it did not auto detect the correct settings.set the voltage to 2.7 per corsair and running corsair settings as listed above passed memtest and booted rite up.if your scared go for the asus a8n-e like me.o/clocks just like the ultra d and its more stable.video cards dont overhang the nf4 cooler,3 yr warranty and its alot less picky than those dfi boards.this asus o/clocks as well and is just as fast as the dfi with the same components.Imodified thr nf4 cooler and it runs soo cool compared to the dfi boards ive built.all i can say is this asus board is the best board ive owned in years.if you have any doubts about your ram go for the asus it works great with corsair ram.

dbaldus said:
I have heard that the DFI Ultra-D mobo does NOT support Corsair memory. Is this true?

I'm planning on buying it but don't want to end up not being able to run my TWINX1024-3200C2PRO memory (its the ones with the LEDs on it). Anyone have any experience with this? Need to know to make my decision...
yes it does, my friend is running it stable

wesleys_dad said:
you will be fine.i built 2 systems last month with the ultra d and and 1 customer had 2/512 sticks of corsair xms 3200c2 ram.all i had to do was set the timings manually.3,3,3,7 1T.it o/clocked to 250 htt 1 to 1 with the cpu.it did not auto detect the correct settings.set the voltage to 2.7 per corsair and running corsair settings as listed above passed memtest and booted rite up.if your scared go for the asus a8n-e like me.o/clocks just like the ultra d and its more stable.video cards dont overhang the nf4 cooler,3 yr warranty and its alot less picky than those dfi boards.this asus o/clocks as well and is just as fast as the dfi with the same components.Imodified thr nf4 cooler and it runs soo cool compared to the dfi boards ive built.all i can say is this asus board is the best board ive owned in years.if you have any doubts about your ram go for the asus it works great with corsair ram.

Shouldn't that RAM be running at 2-3-3-6? Seems to me like it should be... or was your point that the DFI could not run it at the correct timings?

Also, can anyone else back up this claim that the ASUS A8N-E overclocks just as well as the DFI? Is it really that much more stable?

yea its a little confusing.it runs 2,2,2,6 is timings for running at 133mhz.
2.5,3,3,7 for 166 and 3,3,3,8 for 200 and above.all of this according to corsair.
i can run 2.5,3,3,7 at 200 up to about 250 htt above that it takes 3,3,3,8.it will run those settings up to 260 htt.i called corsair about the timings when i first got the ram and was told cas 2 was for intel and 2.5 was what amd would run stable.
what i was saying was the asus board was just as fast in benchmarks as the ultra d with the same components and same settings.the ultra d could certainly clock higher than the asus with all the bios settings available.its just the asus o/clocks easier and isnt as picky with ram and power supplies.if dbaldus is worried about the corsair memory not working in the dfi board he could get the asus board and know that he could o/clock to at least as high as mine with no problems.he would know it works no question.running 1 to 1 really opens up the bandwith on the ram at those speeds.my sandra memory scores are 6658/6594,which is pretty good.this asus board is incredably stable at these speeds and has never blue screened or crashed.it is really a great board.
PS,all of these ram settings are running at 1T.so if you end up buying the asus board dont worry about your hardware it will run it with no problems and will o/clock
really well for a non dfi board.everyone knows the dfi boards will o/clock higher than just about any other board but you also can have alot of headaches too with them.just look at the expert model.so good luck with whichever board you decide to go with.

on an early rev of the board there were some issues with corsair tccd and value ram. but if you bought the board since last christmas, dont worry about it.

Back