Does the Cooler Master Hyper 6+ fit in Your Case?

elder_shawn

Weaksauce
I ASSumed that the Hyper 6+ would fit inside my WaveMaster case, but once I got everything installed, the fan protruded about 1/2" out the side of my case. WTF! Has one else had this problem?

I have an old school Antec that it fits in just fine. I just can't get the back plate on with the screws provided. Did you have any problems with that?

Are you trying to attach the fan to the backplate that came with your motherboard? My Neo2 Platinum has a plate on it that we had to remove before using the plate provided by Cooler Master. I'm kinda bummed about my new computer because we found out the motherboard is dead! Yeah I have to look forward to a 15 day + rma process....should have bought the Asus I guess.

I just received my Hyper 6+ about 10 minutes ago, I am getting it upacked right now.

I'll see if it fits in my case.

elder_shawn said:
Are you trying to attach the fan to the backplate that came with your motherboard? My Neo2 Platinum has a plate on it that we had to remove before using the plate provided by Cooler Master. I'm kinda bummed about my new computer because we found out the motherboard is dead! Yeah I have to look forward to a 15 day + rma process....should have bought the Asus I guess.

MSI is quick. I RMA'd a board to them once, got it back ASAP.
Unlike Gigabyte....who are taking forever to send me back my video card.

Sorry to hear about your mobo. :( My DFI came with a backplate but I did remove it. My Hyper 6+ is running awesome, idle @ 29C, 39C at full load! Anyway, I never did get the backplate on though. Hope it doesn't come back to haunt me.

wow,that hyper 6+ is running better then the new Zalman 9500 according to those temps ;)

elder_shawn said:
I ASSumed that the Hyper 6+ would fit inside my WaveMaster case, but once I got everything installed, the fan protruded about 1/2" out the side of my case. WTF! Has one else had this problem?

any chance you can get me a pic of the 6+ mounted on that neo2 of yours?

elder_shawn..do you have a pic of your setup with the fan on it??
I know you rma your mb..I just wanted to see your problem..

Back