Does the ECS H55H-I supports 95w cpus (750,860)?

Aroma

n00b
Hi,
I would like to build a mini itx setup with a i5 750 or i7 860. I came across the ECS H55H-I
and it is cheaper than the next 1156 motherboard, almost half the price.

The cpus support list on ecs does not mention it can support 95w ver for 750 and 860 ( only the 82w ver 750s and 860s). But on Intel site it mentions that the H55 can support 95w ver.

So I am confused now, can it support them or not?

I would go by what ECS says. You wouldn't want to burn out the VRMs.

I asked ECS support this question:
I didn't see the i5 750 and i7 860 (95 watt version) in the support list.
Does this mean it cannot support them? (Although Intel site claims that the H55 chip can support these CPUs).

Please confirm my assumption.

and here is their answer:
1. Does intel have confirmation on their site that this particular motherboard will support that CPU?

2. If the CPU of your choice does not appear on the CPU support site then that does not necessarily rule
it out. However since it does not appear on the site we have to urge caution. Its best to go with what
is already listed.

If anyone manged to install one of these cpus on please tell us.

Wow, ECS told you that? That is probably the worst support answer I've heard in a long time. The basic answer was "I don't know".

It's almost a competition between mobo manufacturers for worst tech support these days.

Where are Asus, Gigabyte and MSI? Drives me nuts: they will each produce 25 ATX boards (warning: mild exageration!) filling every price point in $5 increments, yet they still haven't produced a single modern mini ITX board. Grrrrr...

Not that this helps you out that much but I definitely suggest using the ECS H55H-I IF (big IF) it does support the 95w cpu's. I currently have the i3-530 at 4.074ghz using the ECS H55H-I. I'm very happy with it.

Where are Asus, Gigabyte and MSI? Drives me nuts: they will each produce 25 ATX boards (warning: mild exageration!) filling every price point in $5 increments, yet they still haven't produced a single modern mini ITX board. Grrrrr...

Gigabyte does have one, the H55N-USB3.

H55N-USB3.jpg

I asked ECS support this question:

and here is their answer:

If anyone manged to install one of these cpus on please tell us.

Wow, ECS told you that? That is probably the worst support answer I've heard in a long time. The basic answer was "I don't know".

It's almost a competition between mobo manufacturers for worst tech support these days.

Sounds like they are trying to be flexable with overclockers... used to be you spoke of it 'oh your warranty is no good {clickity clank of typing on your case file}'

Gigabyte does have one, the H55N-USB3.

H55N-USB3.jpg

Oh I know it was announced a while ago. Still isn't available yet. And it's pretty much a 'me too' layout. I was hoping for a friendlier socket placement...

According to my measurements, the AXP-140 should fit without interfering with the graphics card. I won't know for sure until I can get my hands on one though.

According to my measurements, the AXP-140 should fit without interfering with the graphics card. I won't know for sure until I can get my hands on one though.

Now that's good news. Does one then use the TR 1156 bolt-through kit to fit it (which is supposedly for the TRUE and other similar coolers)?

Never mind I just found out that there is also a bolt-through kit for the AXP-140 but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available here in Sweden.

Back