Does the GIGABYTE DS3 need an bios update?

-iLLuZioN-B18C1

Limp Gawd
i ordered a GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 for my e6400 c2d.
is there a bios update needed for this board or is it ready
to go out of the box.

mine was ready out of the box with the same processor. but there are some newer bios aviable for it. the one i am using is the f4c. if you plan to o'c it, I hope you have some patience.

TDub said:
mine was ready out of the box with the same processor. but there are some newer bios aviable for it. the one i am using is the f4c. if you plan to o'c it, I hope you have some patience.

did you run into problems ocing?

i ran into a few. but as time does alone i fix them. i think i may go to the F3 like suggested to see if it works better than the F4C.

only real problem i cant get my OCZ VX2 to post even after upping the voltage. but my sulent talent 8500 and ocz 8000 xtc works great.

the board only supports up to 1.8v for the memory. WHY? all the good memory from corsair is 1.9v and above.

it DEFAULTS to 1.8, you can bump it up to 2.4 at the highest with F1 bios at least

Fighting with my e6400 and DS3 right now. My memory seems to work fine (Corsair valueram), but the board only sees the cpu as a 533mhz part, and I cannot get it to see my sata drives. Installing the Vista64 beta now, going to try to update the bios from there, then see if I can get XP onto one of the sata drives.

Scratch the Vista beta, was not wanting to mess with activation of XP twice in one day, but "remembered" I don't have to activate for what I need. If I had a brain, I would be dangerous :(

Back