Does this fit in P180

TheBuzzer

HACK THE WORLD!
Scythe Ninja / Inf or Tuniq Tower

which one fits in antec P180 case with an EVGA 680i mobo?

They both work. I would choose the scythe ninja instead of the tuniq, since on a p180, it's almost perfectly aligned to both 120's, and with a bit of ducting, you can run it passive.

Bbq said:
They both work. I would choose the scythe ninja instead of the tuniq, since on a p180, it's almost perfectly aligned to both 120's, and with a bit of ducting, you can run it passive.

what do u mean by that it is aligned? alinged to the case fans?

is your sure this fits with evga and p180 case?

some other forum said there have been reported issues about it not fitting.

Excuse the messy wiring.
The Tuniq Tower 120 fit pretty nicely in my P180b ;)

Hope this help!

wow thx, that thing is huge but it fits :)

looks like you even got the 680i with the nivida chipset fan thing.

oh just wondering why did u got an extra fan?

oh ya, i dont see you used the fan controller addon that came with the heatsink/fan so what speed is it using if that thing isnt attached?

TheBuzzer said:
wow thx, that thing is huge but it fits :)

looks like you even got the 680i with the nivida chipset fan thing.

oh just wondering why did u got an extra fan?

oh ya, i dont see you used the fan controller addon that came with the heatsink/fan so what speed is it using if that thing isnt attached?

I am not sure which one is the extra fan you are refering to. If it's the antec LED tri-cool fan on the top. I just want it to look good :p . I personally think it looks pretty nice from out side, though I think it makes a little more noise compare to the stock tri-cool fan that came with the case. If it's the one on the center hard drive bay. It's to draw the cool air from outside of the case to cool both the VGA and CPU.

I didn't used the fan controller, because I found out that I can actually use my motherboard to control the fan speed. The EVGA 680i came with a 4 pins header, but the Tuniq came with 1x 3s pin for the power and 1x 2 pins for the fan controllor. I figure the 4th pin on the motherboard is to control fan speed, so I plug in 1 pin of the 2 pins fan control connector to the 4th pin of the motherboard, than viola. I don't need to fan controller anymore. The weird thing is that when I set it to 100%, the fan runs at 1000rpm, and when I set to 0%, it runs at 2000rpm :confused: . I am not sure if this is going to hurt the motherboard, but I doubt that it will. I am going to ask somebody soon about this.
BTW when the fan controllor is not attached, the fan runs at full speed, which is 2000rpm.

TheBuzzer said:
Full speed unless he rewired the connector to run it at 5 or 7 volts.

um seems like

The 4 pins diagram is as follows:
1= +12Vcc
2= GND
3= SPEED SENSOR (it communicates the current speed of the fan back to the motherboard)
4= PWM pulse

i don't think they sell 4 pin fans :/

oh, if the fan run at full speed does that mean the case fans all will run at full speed and isn't that load?

oh ya . easyshadow is the fan that goes inside the heatsink replaceable by any 120mm fans?

if it is i might start searching for 120mm fans that have the new PWM thing

TheBuzzer said:
oh ya . easyshadow is the fan that goes inside the heatsink replaceable by any 120mm fans?

if it is i might start searching for 120mm fans that have the new PWM thing

I didn't power the fan by the motherboard, since non of the stock tri-cool fans came with 3 pin connector, but I assume they will all run at it's stock speed, if you get a fan with 3 pin connector to plug into the motherboard. Unless the fan comes with the speed controllor, they will all run at it's full speed. Though you can control the voltage of the fan though the motherboard.

I never tried to remove the 120mm, but it seems (I never really look at it carefully) that the fan is stick to the black metal cover on the top. As in they didn't just put them together by screws. You should ask someone in the case moddling forum about this. I am sure someone has done it already. But I have to add, the stock tuniq 120's fan is a really quality fan. It is made by metal, not plastic. And when it runs at 1000rpm, you can't really hear a thing, and it cools the CPU pretty nicely. I haven't OC my E6600 yet. At stock speed, the idle core temperature is between 18C~ 23C (depends on room temperature), and 33~38 under full load for an hour. BTW all my fans are set to it's lowest speed except for the nForce's fan.

Bbq said:

I do that, on an FX-55, without ducting. :p

Tuniq Tower over the Ninja anytime, i have both of them and Tuniq Tower 120 is way better.

took the words right out of my mouth

systemwiring5tn.jpg

Tuniq Tower over the Ninja anytime, i have both of them and Tuniq Tower 120 is way better.
don't make blanket statements that simply aren't true
the Ninja is better low airflow enviroments
the Tuniq is better in high airflow enviroments

Back