Does vista support quad processors?

Psycho

Gawd
Not as in quad core but as in 4 processors. :)

I imagine not. What does support it? :D

Vista is like XP in that it only supports 2 processor sockets. Windows 2000 or 2003 server versions will support 4 or more processor sockets. Starting with 8 sockets, the price starts to become expensive even for windows standards :eek:

Keith

Nope. Even Vista Ultimate only supports up to 2 physical processors. :(

Vista is like XP in that it only supports 2 processor sockets. Windows 2000 or 2003 server versions will support 4 or more processor sockets. Starting with 8 sockets, the price starts to become expensive even for windows standards :eek:

Keith

Thanks 402. I was looking on playing with an old quad server but eh i'll just stick to a dual server. :D

If you still want to play with the 4 cpu system you could grab Longhorn Server Beta 3 and give it a run.

Thanks 402. I was looking on playing with an old quad server but eh i'll just stick to a dual server. :D

A copy of Windows 2000 server that will support 4 sockets costs more than a quad Xeon 700mhz server with hds and memory!!!

Rather running windozes on it, run Fedora Core 6. I was running it on a old Compaq ML570 quad xeon 700mhz/1M and a dell PowerEdge quad xeon 700mhz/2M servers.

Keith

If I recall correctly Windows 2000 and 2003 Server are based on Windows 2000.

Keith

Back