doh

so i was talking to my brother over the phone and all of a sudden he was quiet and i asked is he was still there and then i heard him swearing and i asked him what happened and he started having a fit without answering me. Well i guess his switch for his cathode light fell into his computer from the front and fell onto his motherboard and he said his computer made a noise and shut down and the whole computer will not boot up anymore. the little green light on the motherboard that indicates that the motherboard is getting power will not even turn on. guess it sucks to be him. 3200+, radeon 9800XT onboard. approx 3-4 hard drives.. Do any of you suppose that there is any damage to anything other than the motherboard?

LOL werid, there are like 4 posts about peoples comps not booting

weirddddddddddd.........

well, if there is no power to the mobo and the PSU is fine, he might as well get a new one and use the old one as a clockface or something, cuz its gone. i wouldnt think the cards and such would be damaged, but its possible. tell him to get a new mobo and start transplanting...

Seraphim974 said:
Well i guess his switch for his cathode light fell into his computer from the front and fell onto his motherboard and he said his computer made a noise and shut down and the whole computer will not boot up anymore. the little green light on the motherboard that indicates that the motherboard is getting power will not even turn on.

This is why it's so important not to have bare wires or solder joints on your computer. Heat shrink that stuff! Or sleeve it, or wrap it in electrical tape, but don't count on it to always stay where you put it, because if it can go wrong... Well, in this case it did.

Back