Done With Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

osalcido

[H]ard|Gawd
Alrite ive suffered thru the various quirks of vista over these past 6 months but this is the last straw...

For whatever reason (and i've read that possibly DRM bull%@$). Vista has no multi-monitor spanning support.

It's not on the horizon.. not in the works.. it just doesnt exist.

Nvidia blames Microsoft. So do I.

It was a fun experience Vista, Goodbye

Dang, if it matters that much- use something like Ultramon.

XP didn't have it either.

And the thing that gets me, it isn't as if Microsoft is leading you to believe Vista has spanning support anyway, it's just a feature that isn't there.

Now, I totally agree it would be a good feature to stick in there (hopefully Windows 7).

Oh good! I was wondering about your decision. Now I can sleep in peace and enjoy the rest of my holiday weekend!

Is this feature possible with ATI cards? If not, as suggested above, if it is really that important of a feature to you, that you'd go on a rant about switching OSes, then just get UltraMon. Problem solved.

Dang, if it matters that much- use something like Ultramon.

XP didn't have it either.

And the thing that gets me, it isn't as if Microsoft is leading you to believe Vista has spanning support anyway, it's just a feature that isn't there.

Now, I totally agree it would be a good feature to stick in there (hopefully Windows 7).

What are you talking about? XP does have it..... that's why I expected it in Vista

Oh good! I was wondering about your decision. Now I can sleep in peace and enjoy the rest of my holiday weekend!

Is this feature possible with ATI cards? If not, as suggested above, if it is really that important of a feature to you, that you'd go on a rant about switching OSes, then just get UltraMon. Problem solved.

Way to go smartass, you've just once again made a complete ass of yourself. Ultramon is not a substitute for Horizontal span , it's a just a hack. All it does is stretch the screen so that it fits across both monitors, which means youre still limited to 1024x768 instead of 2048x768. As anyone with half a brain would know (but apparently you wouldn't), that'd be harder on the eyes than staring at your miserable mug for a day.

Care to try again?

Way to go smartass, you've just once again made a complete ass of yourself. As anyone with half a brain would know (but apparently you wouldn't), that'd be harder on the eyes than staring at your miserable mug for a day.

Care to try again?
And you think I'm the one who made an ass of themselves? That's funny, thanks for making my day.

Anyway, if you take your head out of your ass long enough to check out Ultramon's forums, many people are using Ultramon to do spanning across multiple monitors in various configs. You asked for spanning, and that's what Ultramon does. If your monitors have a resolution of 1024x768 than when spanned you will have a resolution of 2048x768...that's the definition of spanning. If that isn't what you want, again, remove said head from said ass, and learn to communicate what you want in proper English.

If you still aren't happy with it, than switch to an ATI card, or go back to XP. Either way, learn how to interact with people and not be a bitter, miserable dick all the time...mmmkay?

Hmm, i've used multiple desktops with my ATI card. Works fine in vista.

Doesn't this multi monitor thing not working have something to do with SLI specifically?

LAMO @ DeaconFrost :D

And if spanning is NOT what you are looking to do, please elaborate.

And you think I'm the one who made an ass of themselves? That's funny, thanks for making my day.

Anyway, if you take your head out of your ass long enough to check out Ultramon's forums, many people are using Ultramon to do spanning across multiple monitors in various configs. You asked for spanning, and that's what Ultramon does. If your monitors have a resolution of 1024x768 than when spanned you will have a resolution of 2048x768...that's the definition of spanning. If that isn't what you want, again, remove said head from said ass, and learn to communicate what you want in proper English.

If you still aren't happy with it, than switch to an ATI card, or go back to XP. Either way, learn how to interact with people and not be a bitter, miserable dick all the time...mmmkay?

Wow.... Strike two.....

Let me try and break it down for your pea-sized brain.

Imagine a Single Monitor displaying two Large x's with only one viewable due to size restraints.
[ X ]

Your 'solution' with Ultramon would give me this.
[ >] [< ]

Great... Im using two screens. Whats the fucking point if I get the same output as the single screen? Hmm?

With Horizontal span on vista , I get this:
[ X ] [ X ]

Please tell me this is simplistic enough for you

I still fail to realize what you are wanting- from what it sounds to me, you just want the basic built-in support for multiple monitors... And as such, I fail to see why this is a problem being that Vista has it included as well (it didn't TAKE AWAY a feature of XP).

Edit- Ultramon does exactly what you are asking: Spanning. IMO you have no clue what spanning is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-monitor#Span_mode

Hmm, i've used multiple desktops with my ATI card. Works fine in vista.

Doesn't this multi monitor thing not working have something to do with SLI specifically?

Extended Desktop is not Horizontal span.. you may have those confused. But then again maybe it does work with ATI, I wouldn't know

Extended Desktop = 2 monitors with 2 screens of 1024x768
Horizontal Span = 2 Monitors as 1 screen of 2048x768

I still fail

The first step is admitting you have a problem. With that said, i myself have a problem in that i've made things still entirely too complicated for a person such as yourself with my diagrams and repeated explanations.

So let's try this

Find these two options for me in Nvidia Control Panel on Vista:

When you spend a few weeks and come up with zilch, maybe you'll finally stop the fail

The first step is admitting you have a problem. With that said, i myself have a problem in that i've made things still entirely too complicated for a person such as yourself with my diagrams and repeated explanations.

So let's try this

Find these two options for me in Nvidia Control Panel on Vista:

span.JPG

When you spend a few weeks and come up with zilch, maybe you'll finally stop the fail

I must be too ignorant to figure out how to view your image, because it ain't workin.
"Nvidia Control Panel on Vista" suggests to me that the setting you want is in the Nvidia CP... which isn't anything to do with Vista at all.

That said, your personal insults are enough. I'll be unsubscribing from this thread, and don't be surprised if others do as well.

Extended Desktop is not Horizontal span.. you may have those confused. But then again maybe it does work with ATI, I wouldn't know

Extended Desktop = 2 monitors with 2 screens of 1024x768
Horizontal Span = 2 Monitors as 1 screen of 2048x768

Yes, I have horizontal span. It's not two different screens that display the same thing. It's just one single really wide desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back