Don't Freak Out Because Smartphones Are Getting Rid Of Headphone Jacks

Too late! I'm already freaking out .... and no amount of orange slices and fetal spooning will calm me down.

Yes, and even new, faster inductive charging is still slower than wired charging, and it is MUCH less efficient, resulting in higher power use.
Its plenty fast, and when you're just setting it down on the table instead of having to plug it in, you're topping it off conveniently all the time, bruh. And higher power usage? Its a phone, and most people pay 8 cents a KWH... how many dollars do you think it costs to charge your phone wirelessly a year? $1.50? $2? Cmon now.

Admit it, you just jelly you have a ghetto phone that don't wireless charge, and aren't part of the master race of Qi phone owners.

So, wait, you are saying people want it just because it isn't stock on Apple phones? I don't understand this line of reasoning.

Personally, when I am phone shopping, I see integrated wireless charging as a negative, because now I know I am paying for something I will never use, and I know they have wasted some of that internal space which could be used for something else (MOAR BATTERY) on wireless charging coils.

Even if the phone came with a wireless charging pad, free of charge, I probably would not use it. I think the tech is nothing but pure stupidity, with few or no advantages at all.

I don't want my phone to stop charging if I have to pick it up, and even though we are talking about a relatively low wattage, I'd prefer not wasting power and charging slower due to inefficient power transfer using induction.

I am very happy with my Nexus 5x. I would probably still have bought it if it contained wireless charging coils, but it would probably have been a worse phone if it did. it would ether need to be thicker, or have a smaller battery, neither of which I would have appreciated.

There was a certain somebody who is no longer with us who was in the phone section that touted everything android had that Apple as if it was the greatest feature in the world even if it wasn't. I was being facetious.

You people still charge your phones with cables?

Ew! Peasants.

Wireless charging FTW.
my NExus5 was charged via wireless (still had the blocks) but the nexus5x doesn't come with wireless charging. nfc why google backpeddled on that. USB-C however is very nice. plugging in the phone when it is completly dark ftw

Its plenty fast, and when you're just setting it down on the table instead of having to plug it in, you're topping it off conveniently all the time, bruh. And higher power usage? Its a phone, and most people pay 8 cents a KWH... how many dollars do you think it costs to charge your phone wirelessly a year? $1.50? $2? Cmon now.

Admit it, you just jelly you have a ghetto phone that don't wireless charge, and aren't part of the master race of Qi phone owners.

I top off my phone with wire every time I sit down (or almost every time) and I can use it without interrupting the charging :p

Lol. Jealous of that Samsung garbage? :p. I think not.

For me it's Nexus or bust.

You sure? At first glance my wifes Hyundai (2012) is like that, but if you go deep enough into the settings you can enable it.

Its stupid how Hyundai implemented it, but they've since changed that.
Ya, I looked through that thing for 30 mins. Just was not there. Seems like such an odd thing to leave out, even when it can easily have the capability.

Welp no new phones for me. Wanted an S7 Edge but won't bite unless I could root the device. My wife has one and loves it though. I still have my cracked screen Note 5, may just warranty it at this point.

If phones remove the headphones jack unless I was to purchase a new car I would be screwed for using my phone to play music through Google Music in my car. This is a big deal breaker for me.

I have 3 years left to go on my 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth, it's been a long trek and an expensive one. Once it is paid off I intend to keep it and drive into the ground. Of course it has Bluetooth for phone calls only, usb for my iPod, and an auxiliary jack which I prefer to use even when using my iPod Classic.

I guess I could always tether at times and use my Galaxy Tab S2, but that is going into the realm of sillyville.

LG V10. Removable battery, sd slot, headphone jack.

Back